Saturday, September 22, 2012

yawn

I used to be a lot better at writing in a timely manner, but here it is Monday morning again and I am rushing to get something down to send to Kim and everyone else.  Maybe I'll add it to the blog for family history sake, but maybe it will be too boring.  I have been trying to run in the mornings, getting up with Matt and getting out the door before 7 while there are more shadows than sunlight.  I've been completing the 6.25 mile loop around the development, but I'm not feeling very strong.  I'll get back home and peel off my completely saturated clothes and pull on a dry swimsuit.  FYI: it is just as hard to put a dry swimsuit on a wet body as the other way round. Jumping in the cool pool feels sooooo good.  But I didn't go today.  I was just too tired when the dumb alarm went off.  I don't function well on less than 6 hours of sleep for too many nights is a row.  

We are still treating the temperature directions on the faucets backwards.  We turned all the hot water heaters off months ago because the "cold water" coming from outside is plenty hot.  We learned that if the hot water heaters are turned off, they become reservoirs for creating and holding room temperature water.  So if you want hot water for the cooking or washing, turn the faucet towards cold.  If you want to cool off, turn it to hot.  

The kids have all gone through a cold bug.  Isaac picked it up first and then passed it along to the girls.  Nothing major, just low grade temperature, sore throat and sniffles.  Isaac did miss a couple of days of MMA to sleep, but nothing else suffered.  He has the option of going 5 times a week now which is just too much.  This kid has major opportunities all around him and is sadly realizing that he can't do them all.  

This weekend is the scouts' first camping trip.  They are going to Oman, sleeping on a double decker Dhow (boat) and snorkeling, cliff jumping and climbing.  Does it sound amazing?  Yes.  But he is not going.  There is a stake youth activity the same day.  They are going to the water park where Jess lost her front teeth.  And he has an orthodontist appointment.  The scouts have outings constantly, stake youth activities are far more rare.  I let him choose and am glad about his choice, but I know he wishes the dates didn't line up like that.  He has plenty to look forward to though.  In two weeks he is starting classes to get scuba certified.  Makenna and I are taking the course too because the scouts are getting a deep discount.  Jess is too young.  Matt told her that they will go get ice cream anytime we go.  

The kids have had three swim team practices.  Our friend is running it for two of her kids and my three.  She is really making them work and everyone is enjoying it.  I play with her younger ones in the kiddie pool.  We meet at 9:30 Sunday mornings.  I wake the kids up at 9 and they grab their suits and a small snack before we walk out the door.  Then I make a grand breakfast when we get back.  The best so far was blender pancakes with chopped mangos and whipped cream.  We usually have a few pancakes left over, but not on swim team days.  On those days I never seem to make enough.  

Hmmmm, I think I am out of things to write about.  We are doing serious school today and tomorrow because then Matt is off and we have a bunch of activities planned.  Tour of a KitKat factory with the homeschool group, girls trying gymnastics, horseback riding, trying the beach for the first time in a long while, and of course MMA.  Maybe after all that, I'll have some interesting stuff to share.  

No comments:

Post a Comment