Sunday, November 15, 2009

Races and soccer

Isaac and I went to a local race yesterday morning. He was running the 2 mile route. I made him stick with Makenna last year and this year he wanted to see how fast he could do it. 15 minutes was his goal and he made it!! Only two teenagers finished ahead of him. I was running the 10K and rather hoping to match or beat my last Provo time. I ran with my friend Lorna. It was our 7th race together. We were supposed to start at 7:30 and the 2 milers at 8:00, but we stood waiting in line for almost 45 minutes for some still not fully explained reason. The 2 milers started before us and were finishing as we finally started. So poor Isaac had to wait a LONG time for me instead of the 15 minutes or so as we originally thought. He hung out with some friends we have made from the girls' soccer teams. My time was somewhere under 52 minutes. I don't know exactly because I forgot to stop my watch and I can't find the times posted online anywhere. Either way, it was a bit faster than last time. Yay.

Great Harvest Bread was one of the sponsors. mmmmmmmm. Spinach feta bread. Isaac drank so many smoothie samples, we lost track. And he brought home balloons for the girls. Jess was mad last year that they weren't handing out medals. But they did this year. Her two good soccer buddies ran it, so she's considering next year. I think Makenna would do really well too.

A few hours later, we had the girls soccer games in some crazy wind. Our earlier race breezes had turned vicious. Both girls teams' shut out their opponents and Jess scored another goal.

3 comments:

  1. Wahoo! Way to go, all you racers and soccer players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow we are impressed!! Yours and Isaac's times sound amazing, and we a re so proud of you for beating your previous times. So good for everyone. Grandpa is the "spinning" cheerleader at the base gym, everyone asks where he was if he misses a class. Those going Martin's!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete