Friday, December 24, 2010
Makenna's Recital
The kids' piano teacher has the kids do a private recital of their 10 favorite songs whenever they finish a piano book. Last time it was just our family, our teacher and her daughters who are friends with Makenna. This time, we were going to do it over Thanksgiving with cousin Katie, but that didn't work out. A couple weeks went by and still no recital. Life seemed just too full with stuff happening every night. But then I had a moment of mad inspiration during the play rehearsal (the morning after our Relief Society Christmas dinner which meant a very late night). What if I just called all Makenna's friends to see who was available for a late notice late over? Turns out, quite a few were.
Makenna played several songs, but the girls all took lessons too and wanted turns. So they rotated through several times. Many used the same series of books and could find songs they knew. Those that didn't played what they could from memory. They all loved time in the spotlight and were very gracious to each other. They played and played the whole time I made dinner. There were enough kids wanting seconds that I could make the girls' favorite tuna casserole with no left overs.
After dinner, they played and then settled on Nanny McPhee for their movie. They made cozy spots and giggled their way through the show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment