My mom has been working on a project for her mom for awhile. She got raw wool from Uruguay and spun it herself, then dyed it. I get to help because her Merry Miss leaders, way back when, couldn't figure out how to teach a lefty to crochet so there is ONE thing in the creative realm that I can do to help her. We saw part of the process while we were in Colorado during the summer. It's finished now and was sent to Sicily to be made into a scarf. I'll take a picture of the finished project later. The fun part right now is that the girls wanted to get involved too. Luckily, my mom sent some extra yarn in the box and they joined me. They wanted lessons and we three ended up sitting on the couch stitching together. It was a sweet moment.
Makenna had mastered making crocheted chains back in Vegas. She was ready for the next step. Makenna quickly caught on to single crotchet and moved on to double crochet as well. Here she is making a little dolly blanket.
It's nice and even. I think she's ready to learn the next step as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment