Monday, January 28, 2013

Jessica's Friend Party

Last year in Sicily, Jess had a rather pathetic birthday with a half raw, half burned red velvet cake.  I determined to make this year more fun.  After several brainstorming sessions, she came up with a list of girls to invite and the following requests.  #1 Chocolate cake with green frosting.  #2 Eat barbecue chicken sandwiches and fruit and vegetables and drink "birthday juice" #3 play DOOMED.  I think we succeeded on all counts.

We had a houseful (or yardful) of girls from 3-6 on Saturday.  We couldn't make it a late-over because it's a school night.  When the girls first arrived, everyone went out back to play DOOMED, a game they had made up with the parachute and lots of running and screaming.  They would pop in for drinks every now and again, but were completely happily occupied until dinner time a little before 5:00.  I wish I had popped out to take a couple pictures, but there were always too many moving targets....  After they ate, they headed back out to take advantage of the sunlight and more DOOMED.

I herded them back in for cake at 5:30.  The cake looked poisonous green, but it must have been tasty, because there wasn't a bit left for me or Isaac.  The girls gobbled it up.  My friend Glenda stayed to help and chat and she took these pictures.  Thanks Glenda!



We love the birthday banners, grandma.  




No more Jessica8.  She has moved on to J9.  

After cake, she opened presents.  She received a monkey mom and baby, Dubai sand art with her name, a new soccer ball, clothes for George, a gift card to a book store, and some fun hair accessories.  It was a very fun party.







No comments:

Post a Comment