Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tooth Repair, Take Two (end of January 2013)

I forgot about this until I synced my phone today and downloaded a bunch of pictures.  On my first sick day, I sent the kids outside to play, having given up trying to encourage school while I was half asleep on the couch.  Sometime later, Jess came running in, crying, with her hand over her mouth.  An all too familiar sight.  Once I got her settled down, I learned that nothing was bleeding and she wasn't even in any pain.  She had taken a soccer ball shot to the face and got a chunk of tooth (the fake part) knocked out.  She just didn't want to go back to the mean dentist.  Luckily, we had recently found where the nice dentist had relocated.  Then she was all smiles again.  I called and made an appointment for the next day.

Laughing as Isaac tried to document it. 

I took some Dayquil and took her to the new office.  She got the live part covered with cotton because it's extra sensitive without the bottom.  She had to get a couple shots too, but the end result was great.  


The dentist told us to go get a mouth guard and USE it.  She said it's likely to happen again because there is no anchor.  So one tooth made it 8 months.  I'm hoping the other lasts longer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment