Sunday, October 6, 2013

6 October 2013

I'm sitting in the cafeteria at scouts, but no one needs help from me right now so I'm typing up what will probably be a pathetic effort at a family letter.  I was thinking at least I have a couple of Jess quote gems, but my mind has gone completely blank.  See what happens when you don't write things down.  

The girls are outside with sibling friends.  They love to run around on the grassy sports fields and play on the playground. The sun has set so it's a little cooler, but somehow it always feels more humid post sundown.  Makenna has been starting a few seeds in pots outside now that it is staying below three digits.  Yeah, so we still have a few 99's and 98's, but it's still trending down.  I haven't tried running outside still.  The gym is humid too, but going to the women's room is manageable.  There are two big rolling A/C units and since I'm usually the only one there, I point them both at me, put my iPad on the shelf and start chugging along.  I knocked out 10.5 last Thursday and felt pretty good.  I am on track to run the Dubai marathon in January.  Anyone want to join me?  

The scouts are going on a 3 day adventure climbing and mountain biking next weekend.  I toyed with the idea of going along, but I don't think Jess will be able to do all the activities (too young/short).  Next year.  Isaac has been looking up camping recipes and emailing his patrol planning a gourmet menu.  The best part so far is his foil dinner plan.  Normal dinner, but then put sliced banana, chocolate chips and marshmallows in a ice cream cone, wrap in foil and place on coals for a couple minutes to make it melty.  Sounds good, eh?  

Best part of last week? And the worst and then a new best?  The microphone and speaker I ordered came in AWESOME! and then while attempting to charge the battery, I plugged it into the  wrong plug of a transformer (I didn't realize it is step up AND down) and fried it.  HORRIBLE.  But then Matt helped Isaac make it work and we used it at church last Friday.  We could hear the little ones give prayers/talks/scripture/ AoF for the first time!  Amazing difference.  Just in time to start practicing for the program.  They are all excited to have turns using the microphone.  I love having my girls help set up and take down the room.  Our Fridays have gotten really long thanks to seminary after church and also early meetings for me every other week.  Blah.  We still have piano after and lunch with our teacher.  It helps motivate me to make real food so we don't just come home have cereal to tide us over and then make cookies and eat them all.  I should record some of their songs and upload them.  

When are the Skype sessions that everyone wanted to do going to start up?  

I would like to say that I LOVE Wednesdays.  The kids let loose their creative juices and Matt and I get to have lovely long date nights.  And we all get to sleep in.  Most of the week is counting down to Wednesday.  

We started up book group.  Turn out was a little low because it's warm.  Next month we will have more.  

And that's about all the time I have.  I'll try to take notes for next time.

But here are a few pictures.

One of my favorite meals.  

Selfie in the bathroom 

I wish I knew which book I was reading that had this brilliant quote in the beginning! 


 Every morning we drink a variation of this.
 I LOVE my blendtec!

Attack DAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment