Friday, February 27, 2015

January 24

Right now the girls are hosting a sewing afternoon to trade squares, talk, plans quilts and maybe sew a little.  We found out a few days earlier that it is their friend Shaeleyn's last time.  Their family is moving in two weeks!  Makenna is sad.  The girls looked up recipes and decided to make her a going away cake.  It turned out really well.  I have such independent, clever children.  The only help I gave, besides buying the ingredients, was cutting the cake layer in half.  They whipped the cream and put it into a cake decorator squeezer (see how technical I can be?) to make the cushions for the half Oreos.
Oreo Cake.  It was mighty tasty too.

Our craft day girls, minus Kate who didn't show up.

Isaac finished 3 more classes.  He worried most about Pre-Calculus grade, but he got his A.  He might be retaking German because the B+ is giving him grief.  He will take his 11th grade English final at the same time he retakes German.

He tried snowboarding and liked it till the second to last run when he twisted his ankle.  His ankle was hurting most that evening, but by the next day it was feeling better allowing him to focus on his painful buttocks.

Swim team was canceled for three days because of rain and then cleaning up after the rain.
This is the road outside the girls' gymnastics.  


Matt couldn't swim thanks to pool closure, so he ran with me and tried a freeletics workout.  In classic Matt fashion he went after it and plowed through the first set of 50 Burpees!!, then sit-ups and squats.  I felt like a wimp for still taking longer after working on burpees for months now.  But he paid the price for the next few days in horribly sore muscles.

The kids FINALLY restarted music lessons, though we have made a few adjustments.  We started with a very highly qualified and much higher priced teacher.  He is Filipino, his name is Darwin, and he is very cool.  Their lessons are an hour each and he comes to our house.  He is teaching Isaac piano and Makenna guitar lessons.  Makenna is picking up guitar FAST.  I am sure her years of piano have helped.  She loves practicing and has given me a couple lessons too.  Jess is less interested, but has compromised to take shorter piano lessons from Isaac, to whom I pay a reduced rate.  It's a win-win-win.  The best part is I never have to hassle them to practice and the house often filled with music.


No comments:

Post a Comment