Isaac and Matt got a year older while skiing in France. I brought cake mix and candles, but without an oven, I was out of luck. They did get fabulous French food for dinner and gorgeous weather for skiing, so it wasn't a total bust.
We celebrated Makenna's birthday a couple days early so we could jive with Matt's schedule. After searching two stores for Almond Rocha (available at least seasonally) or something similar, I had a brain wave for a crumbly caramel topping for her requested Race Cake. I made half a batch of caramel for carmel popcorn and just poured it flat and let it cool. I tried making an "M", but it wasn't nearly as fancy as I hoped. But the caramel broke apart nicely and worked well.
We celebrated Makenna's birthday a couple days early so we could jive with Matt's schedule. After searching two stores for Almond Rocha (available at least seasonally) or something similar, I had a brain wave for a crumbly caramel topping for her requested Race Cake. I made half a batch of caramel for carmel popcorn and just poured it flat and let it cool. I tried making an "M", but it wasn't nearly as fancy as I hoped. But the caramel broke apart nicely and worked well.
Isaac and Matt got to open their presents from Matt's parent's as well. Thanks!
Matt modeling Makenna's new clutch.
Ahh, sibling love.
New books
And leggings
And Dr. Who legos! She stayed up late putting together the Tardis. Hooray!







No comments:
Post a Comment