Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Karting

On Matt's first days off after his LONG work days, the kids wanted to go to the beach and go karting.  We don't have pictures of the beach, which is a shame because you won't believe how absurdly beautiful it was.  Pure blue sky, clear aqua water, powder sand.  We hung out for a few hours.  The kids swam in the Gulf a bit.  The water is still chilly, but the air hit 80.  We built castles and buried kids in the sand.  We do have some movies from Matt's new head-cam Christmas present, but those are way too big to upload now.  They will have to wait for real internet access. 

I do have a few phone shots from Karting of the kids after they were suited up, but before they went out on the track.

with their instructor

A last minute pep talk with dad.  
They loved it.  Isaac wants to go back for his birthday.  Jess wants to know if Brian and Hilary want to try.  

I'm going to toss in a couple extra pictures of cozy kids.  Matt and I went out to a movie--first date since June!  This is how we found them when we got back, with the scent of popcorn heavy in the air.  




2 comments:

  1. Karting looks like fun! Great update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jess's pose in the picture with the instructor. And I love that you have camel artwork on you walls! (There's a camel market in Al-ain if you're ever looking for another field trip.)

    ReplyDelete