We had two Thanksgivings. I responded to an email almost a month ago about a bigger group getting together for the holiday. After committing to a few dishes, I found out that it was scheduled for Friday after church because so many dads would be working on Thursday. Oh. I figured we would try and do a small version for ourselves with Matt on Thursday and then the kids and I would go to the Friday one also.
Then the week before, another friend decided to host a group dinner on Thursday evening, so we joined in that one so Matt could come. I had a massive day of cooking Thursday to make stuff for that night and the next day. I to have everything ready for Friday because there was early ward council, then the primary program which meant packing lots of big blankets to make it more cozy during sharing time while watching The Testament for a post program treat. Then we had to race home to get our food to take over for #2. There was also a youth fireside that night, but Isaac ended up missing it. Matt ended up finding out on Wednesday that they scheduled the testing that usually happens one Saturday a month on Friday instead, so he got to come home early and joined us for #2 as well. This is getting really stream of conscious. Let me just switch to pictures.
Then the week before, another friend decided to host a group dinner on Thursday evening, so we joined in that one so Matt could come. I had a massive day of cooking Thursday to make stuff for that night and the next day. I to have everything ready for Friday because there was early ward council, then the primary program which meant packing lots of big blankets to make it more cozy during sharing time while watching The Testament for a post program treat. Then we had to race home to get our food to take over for #2. There was also a youth fireside that night, but Isaac ended up missing it. Matt ended up finding out on Wednesday that they scheduled the testing that usually happens one Saturday a month on Friday instead, so he got to come home early and joined us for #2 as well. This is getting really stream of conscious. Let me just switch to pictures.
The girls made hats in anticipation. They took them along to #1, but they didn't stay on long.
We did a mom shot. Eugene (Philipeans), Toria (Oregon), me, Katelyn (US, but moved to Saudi last week), Tiffany (US, just came from Doha), Lashley (Eaglecrest High School grad class of 1993), Carolyn (Alpine, UT), Jana (Sri Lanka), April (Canada)
The girls made great friends with a few little people.
Kid shot. Isaac was the oldest one in this group. He was really happy when Nishane turned up a little late. Two of the three deacons. At Thanksgiving #2, he was joined by 4 of the YW. Our junior primary is 4 times bigger than senior. 13 kids in CTR4/5. I know we should split it, but we don't have another classroom.
Jana is my running buddy. We used to run on the beach once a week before summer hit and are picking it up again.


No comments:
Post a Comment