Kim and two friends came down for the weekend. I didn't see too much of them because they went downtown in the evenings and I took advantage of their presence and went to Isaac's long football party after his first practice of the new season, without the girls. Yes, football season has begun again. Practice three times a week although games don't start for another 1 1/2 months. When I came back from football and dropping him off at a party, the house was completely quiet. This is what I found.
Three big girls asleep on the couch. Jess asleep on the floor. Makenna was feeling a bit sick and was asleep in her bed. It was 2 in the afternoon. They thought they would go to a 9am church Sunday morning. Ha ha. 11 was more possible.
Jess LOVED having the extra attention. I wasn't a witness to all of it, but I'm guessing she talked nonstop and showered them with cards and pictures. She had a lot of fun the last morning doing play-doh with Kim. Some of their creations are pictured. The first shows a caterpillar with the leaf it's been eating, its cocoon and the butterfly it becomes. Kim made a viking person. Jess made her own to match, but called it a vampire, like Kim. Then she would make a mean face and hop around saying, "rar! rar!" Here is a Jess quote for Kim, "How many tomatoes does it take to make a quarter?"
Isaac wasn't home much thanks to football and two birthday party invitations. Makenna didn't enjoy the weekend much because she did end up having a mild flu bug. She ended up in my room each night which meant I got next to no sleep for two nights.
Matt was downtown working. He had come home Thursday to pack a bag. They gave him and Tim two rooms to sleep when they could and asked if they could be on call till Monday. It was a rather long weekend for him. (One interesting side note is that after getting their bill, they decided they would rather have Matt and Tim only M-F and avoid paying their weekend rates. They are keeping our newly hired guys at a lower rate for Sat. and Sun. for now.) So when he came home Monday afternoon, he announced he was taking the next day off as well. Yeah! We all slept in Tueaday and tried to catch up on some needed sleep.
We hope the girls had fun. Kim claimed they did. I feel bad that we were so sick and busy. But I think Kim will come back again. Jess is writing to her to make sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment