Monday, January 11, 2010

Jess Quotes

As she is getting older, these gems are less frequent, sniff.  But here's a conversation that I captured after the moment in a text to Matt.  She said something today that reminded me.  So, I'm copying it here, hopefully for posterity.

Jess: When I am a grown-up, I will never drive a car.

Me: How will you get around? Ride your bike?

Jess: No, I'll have my husband drive me.

Me:  How will he get a job if he's always driving you around?

Jess: He won't get a job. We'll just find money.  On the ground. Oh, and I'll never kiss him because I haven't practiced kissing boys.  Only just my dad.

(It's true that Jess is amazing at finding money.  We hardly ever go to a store without her coming out with a penny in her hand.)

Isaac who was listening in: So you won't get to drive a Corvette?  (Her very favorite car)

Jess, now with a sheepish smile: Welllllll, maybe I will drive.  Someday.


I loved that whole conversation.  Today we were doing school and out of the blue she started talking about her husband, "you know, George."  I started thinking, who will be driving who?

No comments:

Post a Comment