They were spending their spring break in St. George, but traveled a little further and spent a couple nights with us, the LV Martins. They arrived Easter morning and we waited till they came to do a massive egg hunt. I prepped a LOT of eggs to allow for extra kids, but Beccy brought some too. We counted them up before we hid them so we would know if they were all found and we had 188! It was an indoor hunt because who wants to hide or hunt eggs in the dirt? So between sessions of conference, the 5 hunting kids were banished to the playroom while the moms, Kyle and Curt hid and hid and tried to hide some more. To make it more interesting, I told the kids to yell "BINGO" whenever they found one. For 5 minutes the air was full of "bingos" while the baskets got heavier. We never did recount them all again, but Beccy and I did visual sweeps to give different rooms the all clear.
Then the kids all sat around a big bowl and emptied all the eggs into a communal candy pot. Over the next few days there was an occasional Bingo! when an egg in deep hiding was stumbled upon.
Monday we tried Red Rock, unsuccessfully (see Rainy Red Rock). So we girls all went to the Springs Preserve. It didn't matter that we had gone the week before. The girls were thrilled to show off one of their favorite places. We stayed for over 5 hours and the kids would have happily stayed longer, but Beccy and I had managed to leave home without a cell phone between us, so I decided we better go home and see if the men folk were getting hungry.
Erosion is so FUN!
This is the flash flood room. The water is crashing down in front of the girls and lowing under the platform, but you can't see it with the camera flash. Their goal is to stand in the best place to get as wet as possible.
Her new parents, Ethel and Willard.
Beccy's old beaux.
They picked them off the tree, processed them at the plant and took them to the store. Then they would replant them on the tree. On and on it went. Sometimes speed was the goal, sometimes it was huge quantities.
While we were thus occupied, the guys went to see the big car show at the Imperial Palace then had some gaming time at home. But not having been there, I don't feel qualified to document it.
The best part of their visit, according to Jess, was bath time. She has always loved taking baths in Beccy's big tub with all three girls. She was excited to share our big tub. They put in bubblebath and turned on the jets and made whole bubble outfits with hats, gloves and facial hair (bubbles). Crazy me didn't take any pictures, but I know Beccy took some with her phone, so maybe I can add some later.
Our kids were so bummed when they left. They never get enough cousin time.
No comments:
Post a Comment