Monday, April 12, 2010

Great Visitors

We hosted 2 great aunts, 2 great uncles, and great grandparents (from the kids' perspective) for one night.  Isaac and Matt were gone at football practice when they came, but the girls had a great time.  At first it was Grandma and Grandpa Huntzinger and Bret and Rowena. Curtis and Ruth came a little later.  Makenna immediately started getting things out to show off.  First her baptism dress.  I think grandma liked to see how that fabric turned out.  (She had given us the fabric that was originally destined for high end sheets.)  Then Makenna got out her history journal.  Grandpa and Grandma read each page of a years' worth of lessons and were full of comments and compliments.  I was surprised and impressed that they had no problems with some of her phonetic spelling, but on reflection, I guess they have had loads more practice than me.  Makenna was glowing.  Ever since, she wants to do history first each day and is writing more and more.

When Jess found out that Bret was also a big fan of Curious George, she brought out all her George books to share.
After dinner, Makenna played Blockus with Bret and Rowena, while Jess made pattern pictures with Great Grandma and Grandpa.  We let the kids stay up way too late visiting and playing.  But they had to leave again the next morning.  We were just a stop over on the way to Arizona.

They got up early in the morning and got ready for soccer.  Makenna made some muffins for them to take with them on the rest of their drive.  Jess snuggled up with grandpa and asked if she could go with them.  They thought that would be just fine, but I'm glad to say that Jess did eventually change he mind when she learned that the mom and dad couldn't be going too.

This is Grandma Huntzinger saying thans for the muffins to Makenna.  I never knew my great grandparents.  I think it is such a special blessing for my kids to know so many of theirs.  I hope these pictures help them keep these happy memories.

1 comment:

  1. Those are a bunch of great pictures. How fun that they could visit.

    ReplyDelete