Monday, June 28, 2010

A New Favorite Park

Isaac had his year end football party Saturday evening.  Yes, the season has been over for awhile, but hey, a party's a party.  It was the end of a long day.  I drove Matt to the airport at 5 that morning.  Isaac and Makenna had their first swim meet, so we were out in the sun from 7:15 till 10:30 (more on their results later--we get their official rankings at practice today.)  We had to run to Costco, and I got to see a new possible place for Brian and Hilary--I liked it better, and it's maybe a quarter mile closer.  Then we had to leave by 4 to get to this park on time.  I was a little miffed that it was so far away--south of the strip!! But all was forgiven after we were there 5 minutes.

It's huge.  There are big stretches of grass, a few different playgrounds, a great splash pad, lots of running paths and it's hemmed in on two sides by big hill/mountains.  Apparently there is stuff to see at the top, historical markings/info and such.  It would be so fun to go in cooer weather and explore more.  I forgot towels, but it was so warm, I knew the kids would dry off super fast, so they got wet and played all over.  Isaac and his teammates played on the playground before dinner, then two hand touch football after.  The awards weren't passed out till about 8:30.  We were there for about 4 hours and didn't get home till close to 10.  Bummer that I still had to run to Walmart.  I dropped the kids off to shower and quickly ran over and back.  I was super fast, but they still managed to sack out before I got back.  The tapes were on, but the kids were out.

Isaac and teammates climbing, girls looking on.



How many kings of the castle can they fit at the top?



The biggest part of the playground had an old western theme.



Here are the girls on the stage coach.



The girls ran up and down the grassy slope a dozen times.  I kept eying the bigger hill behind them.  



Makenna posing inside a big piece of cracked "pottery" in a big sandbox with other excavation things on which to climb.  (You can see part of the dino skeleton behind her.)






Jess in a tree, wet, but drying.



Makenna named it "The Giving Tree" because it had a heart and initials cut into it.



Jess is not as adept as Makenna to traveling on all fours.



"Who's going to miss me when I'm gone?"



Isaac had been playing football all this time and was soooooo thirsty.



I said, "smile," and this is what I get.



Coach Eric and and Coach Carlos giving Isaac his medal and trophy.



I thought it was rather fun that he was wearing his swim team shirt, having had his first meet that morning.  



One last Hurricane cheer.



Most of the team.  A few were traveling, and a couple had already left.



I took this a second too late.  Before she licked her lips, they were bright acid green too.  And somehow, not messy all-over-her-face, more exact, like lipstick.  

No comments:

Post a Comment