We are due for another visa run, but can't go until Matt gets our passports back. We finally got word (after he emailed asking and cced the superiors on the email) that our marriage license is back from getting attested by the US State department. Fun stuff. So now we have begun the process of getting the kids' and my permanent visas. We have to get entry visas first and then have them converted to residency ones. We will probably make one more drive to Hatta, Oman to save 2,000 AED by having them stamp the entry visa form as we re-enter. Why do you care about all this? You probably don't. This blog entry is purely for nostalgic reasons . Matt did 3-4 visa runs last summer and I tagged along once while visiting him. The kids and I will have done 3 ourselves. We know families who have been here for over a year and still go once a month to play the silly stamping game. It's a quick way to fill up your passport.
I was going through pictures on my phone and found these from our last trip. I am including them all for future us and anyone else we run across who has done time in Dubai as an ex-pat to look back and remember. These were all taken at the stop where you get your exit stamp. The goats were the focus of the pictures, but looking at the completely inhospitable mountains and trailer buildings are all too familiar.
I was going through pictures on my phone and found these from our last trip. I am including them all for future us and anyone else we run across who has done time in Dubai as an ex-pat to look back and remember. These were all taken at the stop where you get your exit stamp. The goats were the focus of the pictures, but looking at the completely inhospitable mountains and trailer buildings are all too familiar.
Here you can see the other side of the road where you get your entry stamp, after you have had a stamp from a different country (Oman, in this case).






No comments:
Post a Comment