We made pillow covers for craft day yesterday. The girls did a super job. They really know their way around the sewing machine and ironing board now. And they are being very creative and adding fun elements. Makenna wanted to stitch all over her fabric "crazy quilt" style, then add buttons, to both sides.
Jess was so happy with the first pillow cover she finished. She had picked two polka dot fabrics, one pink and one blue. She decided she wanted to label hers. She wrote "9 1/2 My First Pillow Cover".
That's when she realized that she wrote it on the WRONG pillow. Another girl had picked the same colors, but Jess had picked a rectangular pillow form not square.
Which is horrible and so funny at the same time because it is just so Jess. I didn't capture the worst panic moment but I got what I could. A smile is peeking out because she just can't help it. I had to quickly unpick, cut, and re-sew to fix it.
Meanwhile lots of buttons were being sewn. Although after the other girls left I showed Makenna how to use the sewing machine for buttons and she did the rest in a flash.
This is unrelated, but I had to snap a shot of Jessica's outfit later that night.
Sparkly gymnastics leotard, big dress-up apron, scarf, and that hat is a purse/baby bassinet. A couple days ago we were at everyone's favorite store--Decathlon--and she found two leotards she loved. She couldn't decide between them, so decided to use her own money to buy the other one that I wouldn't. Then she had the dilema of which to wear first; she didn't want to make one feel bad. She finally solved it by talking Makenna into wearing the black one so they both got worn the same day.






No comments:
Post a Comment