Summer is here in full force. It might get down to 75 in the hour before dawn, but every day it hits triple digits. It's really not the best time to try and kick start better running habits, but it's all I've got. Once a week I go to my friend's apartment building and meet her in her building's gym. I try to run around the neighborhood some mornings. But mostly I have been going at nearly the hottest time of the day. Smart, right?
The girls' gymnastics moved over by Safa Park. Another friend whose daughter also does gymnastics there took me over to the park and introduced me to the hill. Possibly the only hill in Dubai? There are six paths leading up/down with connectors at the bottoms. So during the 1 1/2 hours of gymnastics we do a combination of running and walking with squats/push-ups/lunges thrown in for good measure. Besides the elevation challenge, the really great thing about the hill area is the shade. It makes a huge difference to be out of the sun. And the park is pretty close to the beach and we often get a bit of breeze.... So I sweat buckets, run more than walk and enjoy the beautiful park.
We always pass by a little restaurant that smells so good by the park. Last Tuesday, I ran in the morning, then skipped the afternoon so I could pick up Isaac first have us eat there instead of Subway--our normal dinner for Tuesday church night. We sat down and had a huge yummy meal, couldn't finish it and it was cheaper than Subway. We will miss some of the regional food someday, or have to work to find it.
The girls' gymnastics moved over by Safa Park. Another friend whose daughter also does gymnastics there took me over to the park and introduced me to the hill. Possibly the only hill in Dubai? There are six paths leading up/down with connectors at the bottoms. So during the 1 1/2 hours of gymnastics we do a combination of running and walking with squats/push-ups/lunges thrown in for good measure. Besides the elevation challenge, the really great thing about the hill area is the shade. It makes a huge difference to be out of the sun. And the park is pretty close to the beach and we often get a bit of breeze.... So I sweat buckets, run more than walk and enjoy the beautiful park.
Top looking down. The hill is well into the park. It's about a mile from gymnastics to it. So we get a good 5-6 miles in each day.
On the way back out.


The hill... made me think of riding our bikes up the gun range hill in Aliante!! Your hill looks slightly prettier though. :-) Good for you for running in that heat! I don't think I could do it.
ReplyDelete