Here comes a photo dump to finish up the month.
Jess working on some artwork. I think she caught my eye here because her hair is mostly down. She almost always has it tied up in a bun--I totally understand--to keep it out of her face as she does dozens of obligatory handstands and cartwheels. But when it's down, it's long and beautiful.
It's Valentine's Day and Jess is decked out--though it's hard to see in this shot. She is wearing heart earrings, a heart spattered shirt, a pink headband and pink eye shadow. She loves holidays.
So I made her oatmeal with heart sprinkles to match.
Pool and park with a family of friends.
Makenna and I both needed bike tune-ups. I happened to drop them off the day before a big race and they were swamped. When they called a couple days later to be picked up, I drove Isaac and Makenna to the shop to ride them home. It's only a 3 mile journey, but I worry about the traffic in a couple spots. Isaac is a pro, but the route was new to Makenna. They did well and stuck together. I remember riding all over town when I was her age. Am I a big worrier? Maybe, but I also know the drivers here are MUCH worse, so I think it is warranted.
Braces are OFF! Exactly one year. Permanent retainer on the bottom, Invisible one to wear at night on top.
Rolling out cookie dough using a new saran wrap trick, to great success. I have to try it with pie dough--no flour necessary for rolling.
Maybe this should be a post of its own. These are Makenna's new treasures/tools for her sewing/'pattern drafting class. She came home with page of notes and a pattern started for a skirt for her exact measurements.
Here is the back part (I think). It will have a side zipper.
A better look at her tools. It's hard to see the curved ruler because it's clear.
Guitar shopping. She has been borrowing a guitar from a friend as she began taking lessons. She still loves it, wants to continue and so we popped into a couple music stores to test drive a couple brands. She decided on acoustic with metal strings, no electric option, full size. We found a Fender on Amazon. Happy Birthday!
Jess test drove the drum sets. Matt wants the kids to start a band, but Jess doesn't love the drums enough.
Matt and I went on a run together. It was hot and we were ready to be done, but I asked him to stop and be the "scale" for these crazy plants. For most of the year they just have long tough leaves growing as a big tuft from the ground. But then they shoot up these flower stems?? that are over 10 feet tall. This is a bad angle because it blends in with the tree, but the top of this one is barely in the picture frame. They are so wacky. And they flower one level at a time. You can see on the bottom the flowers are already shriveled and on top they aren't even ready to bloom.
Even "Bat Jess Almighty" needs a nap once in a while.












No comments:
Post a Comment