Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dance Recital


Makenna's past year in dance has been at a higher level than anything we have experienced before.  The studio is bigger with dozens of classes to choose, including several competition teams.  And now we have seen the end result--the annual recital, and the proceeding dress rehearsal.  Only people with cameras were allowed in the dress rehearsal, no siblings.  Each class was given a time slot, with the warning that they may be running late, which they were.  But at least we weren't sitting through hours of other classes.  Their class ran through it twice and I hope the video came out well because it's a cute, well executed dance.  I'll try and put in on Youtube when I have good internet again.   

Saturday at 2pm was her actual performance, the 3rd of 4 shows.  There was a huge variety in ages from cute toddlers all the way up to graduating seniors, but not too much variety on the wow scale.  It was an impressive show.  The costumes and simple choreography for the smallest dancers made them adorable and the older kids had some serious skills.  There were a few numbers that I could imagine watching at BYU back when I went to dance concerts frequently.  There was one exception, a musical theater piece that was a little painful and I kept thinking leave the singing and acting to Hollywood Kids. 

Mia, Kaitlyn, Aspen and Makenna




Their friend Hannah came to the show too.  Her family is moving to Ramstein, our old stomping ground, next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment