The text for this entry is being taken from an email written by Isaac to me. I wasn't here for this adventure, but Isaac did a great job of documenting their activities while I was gone. The pictures are courtesy of my mom.
We woke up earlier today than yesterday, 6:30-7:00. (That isn't really that early when you follow a day schedule.) Grandpa was already at work. David stayed for breakfast, then left as well. We went outside on account of weeds. While out there, we discovered two itty bitty rabbits. One was certainly Baby Hop, the one we caught. The other one is called BHop. Me and Makenna started to take pictures of of all the animals we've seen. We accomplished much digging for weeds, even transplanted some wild grass for the bunnies to munch on. Then it was the hustled, frustrated struggle to get there on time. Where on time? Garden of the Gods horseback riding stables. Your mother generously signed us up for the two-hour route. It goes past Siamese Twins, Kissing Camels, and a great big rock that looks like a man sleeping. The man out in front, the director, said that there was a legend that was passed down throughout the generations of a Native American Tribe, that the man would rise up off his pillow, and help them in times of great need. Didn't work out too well. My horse, Wilson, was kind of like a Kirby; he loved his food. Once, while I was taking a picture or something, he wandered out into the shrubbery off the path to get some yummy leaves. It could also run pretty fast when it wanted to, the opposite of Makenna's horse, Cash, who was gentle and slow. I don't know much about Jessica's horse, Jessica only talked about how it would do Jessica-humor type things. Anyway, it was great fun, the whole time, and we have lots of pictures. We came back home and started cooking our hotdogs, hamburgers and marshmallows over the briquette fire. Jessica started running around screaming, while Makenna ran laps quietly with the idea that she would burn more calories than she took in. Jessica especially, had too many marshmallows. That is our day.
Sounds like you had a great one also. Paragliding, beaches, nice cars, go kart racing; AWESOME!
Take lots of care,
Love,
IsaacP.S. I don't just write these entries cause I want the money. I write cause I love you and miss you more then I ever thought I would. Same situation with Dad.
Now for some pictures from Isaac.
We woke up earlier today than yesterday, 6:30-7:00. (That isn't really that early when you follow a day schedule.) Grandpa was already at work. David stayed for breakfast, then left as well. We went outside on account of weeds. While out there, we discovered two itty bitty rabbits. One was certainly Baby Hop, the one we caught. The other one is called BHop. Me and Makenna started to take pictures of of all the animals we've seen. We accomplished much digging for weeds, even transplanted some wild grass for the bunnies to munch on. Then it was the hustled, frustrated struggle to get there on time. Where on time? Garden of the Gods horseback riding stables. Your mother generously signed us up for the two-hour route. It goes past Siamese Twins, Kissing Camels, and a great big rock that looks like a man sleeping. The man out in front, the director, said that there was a legend that was passed down throughout the generations of a Native American Tribe, that the man would rise up off his pillow, and help them in times of great need. Didn't work out too well. My horse, Wilson, was kind of like a Kirby; he loved his food. Once, while I was taking a picture or something, he wandered out into the shrubbery off the path to get some yummy leaves. It could also run pretty fast when it wanted to, the opposite of Makenna's horse, Cash, who was gentle and slow. I don't know much about Jessica's horse, Jessica only talked about how it would do Jessica-humor type things. Anyway, it was great fun, the whole time, and we have lots of pictures. We came back home and started cooking our hotdogs, hamburgers and marshmallows over the briquette fire. Jessica started running around screaming, while Makenna ran laps quietly with the idea that she would burn more calories than she took in. Jessica especially, had too many marshmallows. That is our day.
Sounds like you had a great one also. Paragliding, beaches, nice cars, go kart racing; AWESOME!
Take lots of care,
Love,
IsaacP.S. I don't just write these entries cause I want the money. I write cause I love you and miss you more then I ever thought I would. Same situation with Dad.
At the stables getting their orientation.
Metting their horses and trying out the saddles.
Beginning of the trail. There are a couple blocks of residential to go through, then they enter the park.
There were about 15 riders (including the guides) in the group. Here are Isaac, Makenna and Jessica.
I have pictures of the kids showing me this spot while we were picnicking there weeks later. Approaching Siamese Twins. Jess is looking nervous because they had just been getting told to get ready for the big steps.
Drop off?
Makenna's horse had a mind of his own. She had to work to keep him in line on the trail. Jess slowly slipped to the side a few times. Grandma would remind her to straighten up, "Oh, that feels much better."
Now for some pictures from Isaac.
The back of Wilson's head.
There is Grandma Terry peaking over Makenna's helmet. The adults didn't have to wear helmets, so she chose her cute gardening hat.
Towards the end of the ride, pictures were taken to sell the the riders to commemorate their day in the saddle. But Isaac learned a trick from his cheap mamma. Take a picture of their picture! Unfortunately the girls' shots have horrible glares, but Isaac and Grandma look great.
Apparently when they got back after a two hour ride, they hadn't had enough horsing around. Besides they were all walking funny. They have new appreciation for how cowboys walk. So they hung out in the backyard and launched each other. Grandma got one good action shot of Jess flying.

No comments:
Post a Comment