Monday, June 13, 2011

Swimming with Sharks

This is another bucket list thing for our last week in Las Vegas. We saw a snippet about this pool on a Travel Channel thing once and thought it would be fun to check out. Our Popp friends who are leaving this fall agreed and thanks to Kim's planning, we went! The Golden Nugget has a giant aquarium filled with big fish and sharks and it has a water slide that goes right through the middle of the tank. When we first went down to the pool and the two little girls saw the sharks, they were too nervous to try the slide, certain that the sharks would find a way to get them. The boys and Makenna happily went down many times without them.  The moms too!  It took some serious drama and convincing to get them to try, but once they finally did, they were hooked and went over and over and over and over. We stayed at the pool from noon till 6ish, maybe 7? We didn't have phones or watches, so it's hard to know for sure. We walked down Freemont Street to find some dinner (not the best choice. Not many food options and not really kid friendly.) Popps stayed the night and swam again in the morning. We headed back up and got back late again.

One floatie is big enough for these two girls.  
And see the cute bag Megan made for Jess with styling duct tape!

 The kid crew while waiting for the sunscreen to sink in a bit.  

 They tried swimming this way, but it didn't last long.  

 Makenna is looking in at the sharks.  

 There is one of our crew going through the slide.  You can see the silhouettes of people looking in from outside.  

 There goes another one.  I have a dozen of these shots, but I don't remember who is who and you just can't tell. 

 Makenna and Jess looking up at the sharks from the shady side.  

I tried to take a picture of myself while waiting for the next batch of kids to shoot down the slide.  It was a fun, hot day.

1 comment:

  1. Awe!!!! I never did make it there! Maybe, I will now that I moved.:) Love these pics Karen. April

    ReplyDelete