This is going to be one of those catch all entries. I have a few random pictures on my phone and I'll add some words too.
I still haven't gotten back on a running streak. I have gone a few times, but I'm not feeling the pull. Maybe I need to sign up for a race? But I don't feel justified because I'm so slow right now. I have gone out on my bike a few times recently. I have been trying to get farther out on the new-ish bike path, but my butt protests after about 20 miles. It is very nice though and I want to go all the way someday. It starts about 5 miles from home. There is a parking lot at the beginning of a two lane path that goes all the way out to a desert resort called Bab Al Shams, about 45 km away. It's next to a well lit road, and I know it's popular at night too. I went to check it out a before Christmas, but when I went again a couple of weeks ago, they had added a big, um, gateway?
Isaac and Jess got sick this past week. Both had a couple of sleepy days. Jess was worst on Tuesday. She spent most of the day in bed. For the busy afternoon, I packed up a body pillow, her pillow, a blanket and George in the back of the car. We dropped Makenna off with a friend to get a ride to gymnastics. After dropping Isaac off at kickboxing, we went and parked outside of gymnastics. We put down the seats and made a cozy spot. I stayed with Jess as she slept in the back of the car. Then we picked everyone up and drove to church and Makenna hung out with Jess and I for a couple hours. I think they listened to a couple of hours of Peter and the Starcatchers. (Co-written by Dave Berry. We recommend it.) When Isaac FINALLY came out, I asked what had taken so long. He had a bishop's interview. Why so soon. Duh, mom, my birthday is in less than two weeks. Ah man. Where did the time go??
It seems we are not alone this birthday season. In the past two weeks, the girls have gone to two birthday parties and turned down another on a Friday. Isaac went to one also.
It wasn't really a complete surprise. We have been planning. The ordered stuff has almost all arrived. I have been hitting the various grocery stores looking for the ingredients to make the requested meals and cakes. Isaac just decided this week that he wants coconut pecan pie instead of cake. Any recipes out there? We will be celebrating Matt's a little early so we can have it on his days off. This Thursday I will call upon the culinary gods that be to help me make the cake of destiny.
Makenna gave me a lovely pedicure after church last Friday. I now have blue toenails with flowers on them. Leaving church, it felt like summer might already be here. The car was HOT after church. Isaac and I played hot potato trying to fold up the windshield screen.
Isaac just finished practicing piano and now Makenna is taking her turn. Piano lessons are going GREAT. I love having a steady teacher again and she is good. She has the right blend of encouragement, fun and firmness. They are all progressing, but Jess is the most improved, possibly because she was still quite a beginner. Now she can accompany two Primary songs from the real book, not a simplified one. All three have a mix of scales, church songs, and other piano books to work on each week. Isaac and Makenna get more choice. Makenna has learned a Rainbow Connection, and the Beauty and the Beast song. Now she's working on Joplin and Fur Elise. Isaac still plays in priesthood each week which is good motivation for him, not that he needs it. Piano is a good break during long school hours. He has a challenging schedule right now with 3 new BYU high school classes and finishing two advanced classed with k12.
I'm giving school for next year a lot of thought. We are NOT doing k12 again. Isaac will be 100% BYU by fall. I will be back to creating the girls curriculum. I have a few firm plans, but there are some holes. I am excited for the changes/improvements. What I don't know is how we will adjust to early morning seminary. For folks who always go to bed after midnight, 6:30 class sounds painful. We will figure something out.
This is where I usually find the at least a couple kids when it's time to go home after book club.
Makenna drew this picture of missionary Kim. We had to click it since whiteboards don't save too well.
He doesn't always join us for family prayer, but when he does, he's very reverent.
On the way home from kickboxing we saw a balloon in the distance. It came down lower and lower and was soon right over our road. I don't think they meant to. Isaac caught a few pictures.
I still haven't gotten back on a running streak. I have gone a few times, but I'm not feeling the pull. Maybe I need to sign up for a race? But I don't feel justified because I'm so slow right now. I have gone out on my bike a few times recently. I have been trying to get farther out on the new-ish bike path, but my butt protests after about 20 miles. It is very nice though and I want to go all the way someday. It starts about 5 miles from home. There is a parking lot at the beginning of a two lane path that goes all the way out to a desert resort called Bab Al Shams, about 45 km away. It's next to a well lit road, and I know it's popular at night too. I went to check it out a before Christmas, but when I went again a couple of weeks ago, they had added a big, um, gateway?
Isaac and Jess got sick this past week. Both had a couple of sleepy days. Jess was worst on Tuesday. She spent most of the day in bed. For the busy afternoon, I packed up a body pillow, her pillow, a blanket and George in the back of the car. We dropped Makenna off with a friend to get a ride to gymnastics. After dropping Isaac off at kickboxing, we went and parked outside of gymnastics. We put down the seats and made a cozy spot. I stayed with Jess as she slept in the back of the car. Then we picked everyone up and drove to church and Makenna hung out with Jess and I for a couple hours. I think they listened to a couple of hours of Peter and the Starcatchers. (Co-written by Dave Berry. We recommend it.) When Isaac FINALLY came out, I asked what had taken so long. He had a bishop's interview. Why so soon. Duh, mom, my birthday is in less than two weeks. Ah man. Where did the time go??
Poor sick girl.
It seems we are not alone this birthday season. In the past two weeks, the girls have gone to two birthday parties and turned down another on a Friday. Isaac went to one also.
It wasn't really a complete surprise. We have been planning. The ordered stuff has almost all arrived. I have been hitting the various grocery stores looking for the ingredients to make the requested meals and cakes. Isaac just decided this week that he wants coconut pecan pie instead of cake. Any recipes out there? We will be celebrating Matt's a little early so we can have it on his days off. This Thursday I will call upon the culinary gods that be to help me make the cake of destiny.
Makenna gave me a lovely pedicure after church last Friday. I now have blue toenails with flowers on them. Leaving church, it felt like summer might already be here. The car was HOT after church. Isaac and I played hot potato trying to fold up the windshield screen.
Isaac just finished practicing piano and now Makenna is taking her turn. Piano lessons are going GREAT. I love having a steady teacher again and she is good. She has the right blend of encouragement, fun and firmness. They are all progressing, but Jess is the most improved, possibly because she was still quite a beginner. Now she can accompany two Primary songs from the real book, not a simplified one. All three have a mix of scales, church songs, and other piano books to work on each week. Isaac and Makenna get more choice. Makenna has learned a Rainbow Connection, and the Beauty and the Beast song. Now she's working on Joplin and Fur Elise. Isaac still plays in priesthood each week which is good motivation for him, not that he needs it. Piano is a good break during long school hours. He has a challenging schedule right now with 3 new BYU high school classes and finishing two advanced classed with k12.
I'm giving school for next year a lot of thought. We are NOT doing k12 again. Isaac will be 100% BYU by fall. I will be back to creating the girls curriculum. I have a few firm plans, but there are some holes. I am excited for the changes/improvements. What I don't know is how we will adjust to early morning seminary. For folks who always go to bed after midnight, 6:30 class sounds painful. We will figure something out.
This is where I usually find the at least a couple kids when it's time to go home after book club.
Jessica's letter to a cousin about New Years
The girls acting out a school story with their animals.
A trip to the Antique Museum. I, um, didn't follow the request for no pictures.
Dinner at the Cafeteria. We don't do this often enough.
Girls took pictures of themselves while I was in a morning meeting.
George at family prayer.
An especially cute letter from Jessica. She is the best corespondent I have ever met.
Beautiful flowers and Makenna's artistic addition.
Isaac at a favorite spot.
Don't know why she's making it, but I love Jessica's grumpy face.
And Makenna is saying, "What?" ;-)
After a fancy hair-do night at Activity Days
Don't remember the story behind this, but we love our fabulous husband/daddy.
He doesn't always join us for family prayer, but when he does, he's very reverent.
On the way home from kickboxing we saw a balloon in the distance. It came down lower and lower and was soon right over our road. I don't think they meant to. Isaac caught a few pictures.
Passing under. This is with my phone, no zoom.
This guy was on the side of the road. Ballooning stuff in the trailer. Probably feeling a little panicked.
I took this shot at the stop light.






















No comments:
Post a Comment