Thursday, October 29, 2015

A Hike to Try Ben's Rings July 2015

Ben was so proud of our pull-up bar, he wanted us to up our game.  He brought us a surprise gift--rings.

I knew the perfect spot to try them, but it required a mile hike.  On the way we passed this structure that has perplexed us for a few years.  It's huge.  It looks like a drive-in movie screen from the back, but obviously is some sort of tech for the university.  They own the land upon which we were hiking.  There is a weather station and observatory stuff--this may be part of that?  The workout station is theirs too, but I'm sure they are happy to share.  It looks right down on their campus.





On the trail to the work-out station.  

Ben hooked up the rings and showed us several exercises you can do with them.  Guess who was the best?  Probably Isaac, but Jess had the most fun.  Now that I'm reporting on this 3 months later, I can report she uses them daily.  More often "for fun" but her kind of fun builds strong muscles.  





Grandma joined in with some dips. 








It's hard!  

Ben laughing at me.  


Show-off.  ;-)


Isaac decided to try some gymnastics, but needed both girls to help.









1 comment:

  1. Great pictures of a fun time. I like the nice words you used with the Incline, when really I am just an Incline wimp.

    ReplyDelete