Monday, October 5, 2015

Colorado College Visits August 2015

I have an embarrassing lack of pictures from the three campuses we visited.  Isaac took more at DU during idTech week under threat of retribution than I did during any of our campus tours.  We were focused on the moment, the guides' information, soaking in the campus.... I've got almost nothing.  We also talked for hours about the pro's and con's (mostly pros) of each of the campuses, but as the months have passed and we immersed back into real life, I don't have as many words either.

Thought summaries reflecting Isaac's thoughts, unless otherwise stated.

Denver University.  No official tour, but he lived on campus for a week.  It's beautiful, but pretentious.  

University of Colorado at Colorado Springs:  We got stuff!  Water bottle, backpack, pen and brochures.  Great tour including labs.  Nice location.  Small, but still has lots of majors.  Unexpectedly good.

Colorado University, Boulder: "We have a pool shaped like a buffalo!  It's a great place to make friends.  Over there is our physics building, I think.  Don't forget your Buff-along card!"–tour guide

School of Mines:  This clock was the first thing he saw when we walked in to sign-in.  It immediately catapulted this school to the top of his list.  No English or History=SWEET.  95% job placement for graduating seniors and highest return on investment in the country when considering starting salary:cost of education.  Stellar personal tour led by a ROTC girl majoring in EE for just Isaac, Jaimi and me.  Strong music program(no majors) mixed in with the engineering, math and sciences.  Only 4K students, chance of good scholarship high.

These are the courses EVERY student must take for gen ed.  Those physics are including CALC.

No comments:

Post a Comment