Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Cousins in Colorado Springs July 2015

I don't have nearly enough pictures of this week.  I especially need to grab some off Hilary's media sharing places because I don't have enough of those cute twins!  Things tended to be so action packed when the whole crew was up and about that I rarely had a camera out.  Blah.  I'm throwing on what I do have for now and can add to it later, perhaps...?


The weather was cool and rainy most of the week.

I think the rain drove the snakes out of their holes and then the cool weather made them sluggish.  There were many snake friends caught for a few days.  They were just the garden variety and didn't smell vey nice, but added lots of excitement.  Sam especially wanted to take them home, but Emily put her foot down.  Grandma wanted to keep them in her garden to keep down other pests.  My kids were less thrilled with handling them. 







I think this is the scene from when grandma, Kate, Lucy, Makenna, Jess and I went horseback riding. I think Hilary had a blood work appointment so Emily had a kid party! Not sure where Isaac and Hyrum ran off to....

Ella having a serious moment.

My girls loved having time with the little girls.  Both Jess and Makenna soaked up Mary, Lily and Ella.

Unreal moth.  The kids tried to gently shoo it away, but I think it came to Grandma's door to expire. 

Even with the wet weather, they spent as much time at the park as possible. 









I don't see any eyelashes stuck in there. 


Photo bomb






Peace

Makenna tried on a bunch of our old homecoming and prom dresses.  She thought my favorite one was too old fashioned.  Sniff.  



Brian and Hilary organized an afternoon of inside games/competitions.  I was on a team and didn't take any pictures, but this picture is meant to capture the spirit of the event, just triple the people and throw in a lot more props including paper airplanes, oreos, cups, coins, and talents.

I had Mary turns sometimes too.  She was so cuddly. And no teeth yet!


Isaac helped the boys make bows and arrows.  It took many hours over a few days.  Good activity to do on rainy days under the awning.  The finished products worked remarkably well. 






A geocache hike to "Natural Bridge".  The twins stayed home for this one, but Lily would have loved climbing everywhere!  Good thing she didn't though.  Jess took a bad spill when a handhold rock crumbed and she fell.  Jess scraped up her arms legs, side and back pretty bad.  It hurt like crazy, but she was most worried that it would stop her from being able to move well at gymnastics camp, only a few days away!

After the painful walk back, she took a break while the other kids went to check out the Food Storage Center.  We used up half a tube of neosporin and she tried not to move much while advil kicked in.  We did these puzzles, making cubes and then fitting them back together on their sheets.  

There is a bit of one arm scrape.  The worst were on one leg, at her waist and back.  Poor kid.  But she kept applying the medicine, and I don't think it ended up holding her back at camp. These are pictures she sent Aleaha the next day.  I don't have any of her side or back, but that's okay.   





Mary time.

It was Emily 's birthday during the visit.  She found a recipe for a mint chocolate cake while at the doctor or dentist and we conscripted Makenna to make it.  Then we counted all the people and decided to make a second cake too.  Kate decorated it. 



Sisterselfies





Kate made this strap out of the string Aunt Jen was giving to goodwill--and I took it back.  I wanted Makenna to make one for a cool guitar strap, but she was less interested. 

She did get some good pointers and a couple new songs from Kim. 

The three little girls. 


Jess and Makenna had been giving Lucy gymnastics lessons all week.  On the last day, the weather turned gorgeous and they spent the whole time flipping around on the grass out front.  

The boys.  There will be a new boy cousin next time we visit. 

Kim and Makenna playing.

This was taken after Brian, Hilary, Ella and Lily drove away.  Regrets!




The Allens new Van.  I think it needs a name!

No comments:

Post a Comment