What did we do with all that time in Colorado?
This was the final spot for a multi-cache that we started 2 years before! It was the literary one. Kate found one clue with me, Kim another. Isaac and the girls found the very first under the doggy poop bag dispenser at the park.
We climbed/hiked.
I went on lots of beautiful walks/runs. Someitmes a kid would want to join me, sometimes I was on my own.
I found a few geocaches while the girls were at gym camp.
I love these panels on the "hobbit house".
The Waldo expert! The book, the puzzle and the map.
It was Jessica's job to keep the bird bath full of water. Between the sun and the splashing birds, it needed it often.
This was the final spot for a multi-cache that we started 2 years before! It was the literary one. Kate found one clue with me, Kim another. Isaac and the girls found the very first under the doggy poop bag dispenser at the park.
You were supposed to continue a story in the notebook--keeping up with the literary theme.
Long roots. Life finds a way.
Stripes! It matches.
We all got haircuts. Jess's was...emotional. 20 minutes later, when she calmed down and finally felt her hair, she LOVED it. Good grief. ;-)
We bought yarn and turned it into hats for hiking colorado cousins! They decorated amazing shoes for us. I think we got the best deal.
Grandma finding the camp-potato head.
Another geo-treasure.
The obligatory bunny picture.
Makenna stocked up on visions of clouds.
She also came running with me one day down by grandma's volunteer gardens. She found two geocaches that I had given up on. This girl is good!
#2
A zentangled butterfly. I want to color it.
Storm took the tree. Annonymous people have made it into a gnome house.
So many beautiful sunsets.
We really put this rental through its paces. We gave it a good vacuum and bath after the horseback riding trip adventure. It doesn't even look like work with weather like that!
Project "Bring back the Monarchs". Grandma's friend and neighbor passed out several sets of caterpillars for people to raise and release. They eat a LOT of milkweed leaves each day.
We made strawberry freezer jam. Then we made another batch. We didn't quite eat it all, but went through a couple cups a day. yummmmmmmmm.
On one afternoon/evening walk, we found a place where all the cousins had thrown paper airplanes. The girls played mountain goat litter patrol and recovered a dozen planes. Then we found interesting rocks to paint and filled grandma's pockets.
She laughed all the way home about her lumpy butt.
I don't remember the story behind this.
We tried out luggage at lots of stores, needing to replace one of our big ones.
We saw a couple movies including AntMan and Inside Out. They don't do butter like this is Dubai. I bet they would love it too much and it wouldn't be cost effective.






















































No comments:
Post a Comment