Sunday, September 20, 2009

What's Cooking?

We have done a massive amount of cooking in the past few days. I knew I had Super Saturday coming up, but I just couldn't resist bringing home a 25 lb box of peaches a few days before. So the kids helped make freezer jam. Jessica and Isaac helped peel and mash the first batch before getting bored. Makenna stuck with me for 3 more rounds. We ended up with 19 little jars. That's almost 1 1/4 gallons of jam. So moment we finished wiping off the counter, we pulled out a pile of fresh veggies to chop up for a stir fry dinner.

The next day we made spent a few hours making a triple batch of whole wheat chocolate chip cookies and a batch of cake balls and then packed up half the kitchen to take the next morning for the wheat class. I sure feel like I've come full circle since learning all this stuff at an Enrichment years ago. On Saturday we made the one hour bread recipe I got from Beccy. The first time we turned them into 2 loaves of bread and 4 pans of rolls. The next round make 4 big braided sandwiches. Paired with lots of salad, and some fresh peach jam, that was lunch. It went really well and I can't help wonder if one of those ladies will be teaching a wheat class 5 years from now. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment