It's our cute little girl. Do you see anything different?
If you look close, just underneath her chin. . . .
There are the stitches! Makenna and Jess got to go to their friends' house to swim, but I got a call an hour later. "Jess slipped and I think she needs stitches!" Luckily Matt was at our house having a meeting. We zipped over, picked her up and Matt drove while I held her in the backseat. She was holding a towel tight on her chin and just whimpering. It was so sad. I'm quite sure she wasn't in as much pain as in fear of the stitches. We are very lucky to have a wonderful friend who met us at his office and within 15 minutes, he had her all fixed up. She cried a little when she got the numbing shots, but held very, very still the whole time. She wouldn't talk to anyone there, but after we got home and she had a little rest, she was up and ready for action. She was actually a little miffed that I wouldn't let her go back to the pool, where Makenna still was.
We keep telling her she needs to be careful. No more accidents until we get back from Utah, AT LEAST. But our little klutz has already had several close calls. Matt caught her on the way down in the parking lot wearing roller shoes. I caught her a few minutes ago at dinner almost falling out of her chair. Good grief. I still can't figure how she managed to slip off the diving board and hit her chin on the slide of the pool.. She said, "I forgot I was on the diving board and I lost my balance." hmmm. That's Jess.
No comments:
Post a Comment