Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Trip Day 2

This was the 7 Peaks day, but they don't open till 11, so I thought I would try my first Utah run.  I brought some running clothes hoping to get a few runs in, especially with company.  Jen wasn't available this morning though, because they were down at Troy's house.  I spelt in too late to go too far.  I thought I would just head south for a couple miles and come back.  Bountiful Blvd. is one roller coaster of a road that I just never properly respected before traversing it on foot.  I made it to the Eaglewood golf course and ran the loop around it and back.  Whew.

After I was cleaned up, we climbed in the truck and drove down to Provo.  Ben and Kim joined us along with all Matt's siblings and their families.  I didn't bring the camera on purpose, so I'll do my best to share the highlights.  The kids all started in the wave pool and went back frequently, sometimes with tubes, sometimes without.  When Ben and Kim came, Jess grabbed Kim and disappeared for quite awhile.  They gave full marks to the "flushing slide" and the purple tube slide.  Isaac and Jared were off together almost the whole time.  Isaac went on the tallest yellow (his favorite) and pink, but he was not talked into the blue drop off.  Kim and I teamed up with Jess and Makenna a few times to go on the Vortex, which is like a wild ride on a double tube to a giant toilet bowl which you go around a couple times before going down the drain.  Our girls loved the lazy river most of all and they were constantly going over there with any "big" person they could get to go with them.  Kim, Ben, Kaeli, Jaimi, Beccy, me or Matt were all fair game.  Alie and Katie were almost always with the crew too.  It was hard to get them to stop at home base to drink or eat.

The weather was great.  It was warm enough that you wanted to get wet and for a couple hours the cement was a little too hot, but there was a slight breeze at times and when you stole a moment to sit in the shade, it was lovely.  Towards the end of the day, Jen dragged all the bigger folk over to the half pipe slide.  She really, really wanted someone to touch the top.  She had seen other people do it.  None of the combinations quite worked, but the time I went with Matt and Andy, we were within inches.

Around 6, Makenna sank onto a double tube and took a little nap.  Jess still wanted to do one more thing, and then another and another.  When we finally did leave, she was sound asleep before we hit 9th East (which was mere blocks).  We went to Troy's house for a late dinner.  We bathed our kids and then left them there for cousin sleep over #1.  We drove back to Bountiful to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment