Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Trip Day 4

Jen and I met at our compromised time of 6:30am and ran to the temple and back.  That was a little over 6 miles.  It's very hilly going north also, but the hills are a longer and more gradual than south.  That road kicks my butt, but I love it.  It's fun to go with Jen.  We debated where to go the next morning.

When we were back and cleaned up, we left 6 girls plus Jake with grandma and grandpa to run to Costco for ice and drinks.  After we fed everyone lunch, we started the trek to Pine View Reservoir.  The last time Jen and I were there, it was 40 degrees cooler on race morning.  This time, it was gorgeous and warm.  (Not that it wasn't gorgeous in May too.  It was, in a very different way.)

When we first arrived, it was all about picking a spot and unpacking.  While the the grownups sorted that out, the kids lost no time exploring the shore.


Jaimi, Alie, Rylee, Kaeli, Jake
Jessica, Makenna

A boy shot: Andy, Jake, Jared, Curt, Isaac


The first time out on the boat, Jess did NOT want to go on the tube, which was a surprise.  I finally figured out that she didn't want more stitches.  (Funny that 7 peaks didn't inspire the same fear.)  Makenna went a several times and Isaac had some seriously wild rides.  Jess did go later, but I was on shore and missed it.  She was all smiles and proud though.  I saw Isaac conk heads with Jared once, get thrown off once and somehow manage to hold on after the tube almost flipped and Curt and Jared did flip off backwards.  The boys love to test Andy and Andy is up for the challenge.



Makenna, Kaeli and Rylee out for a gentle ride.  Sadly, I don't have any shots of Isaac or Jess.


Many mud balls were formed.  




Many sandcastles were built.  (a few can still be seen in the distance as the sun goes down.)

It did get chill when we were engulfed in shadow.  The sun wasn't down yet, but it wasn't warming us up anymore. 

Matt, Troy, Jen and I swam to the buoy and back a few times.  Matt also took Kaeli, Jaimi, and Kyle and introduced them to geocaching.  They found one, gave up on another and decided not to go wading for a 3rd.  It was marked with a little floating ball.  But it was a hit.  The girls went again back in Bountiful.  It was a long day at the lake.  Isaac went back to PG, the girls slept SOOO well at grandma's.

No comments:

Post a Comment