Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Trip Day 1

This was the long awaited day for the kids.  Isaac has been complaining of time dragging, Jess has been mixing up the days of the week on purpose to try and skip a day, Makenna has been dejectedly reminding her, "no, it's still 6 days, not 5.  You can't skip Thursday."  We had tried to do all the wash after the swim meet Saturday and pick out all the needed clothes Sunday evening.  We still had to bag the toiletries and put them under the seats in the truck so they don't all melt in the truck bed.  We had to drop off the birds with a neighbor.  Finally, we had DVDs picked, we had bell peppers sliced and plenty of drinks in the cooker.  We finished packing the truck and were about to drive away when Matt asked, "Where are the towels?" How could I forget those with at least two full days of water activities??  While I was at it, I grabbed the sunscreen I had also neglected.

The drive was uneventful.  We made a stop in St. George, for me.  I needed a couple layering shirts.  I meant to order them online, but didn't get to it in time.  There is a store in Henderson, but I didn't want to drive an hour each way when there was a store 2 minutes off the freeway in St. George.

We made it up to Bountiful in time for a little Preece family get together at a clubhouse pool.  Grandpa Preece's health is failing fast.  It was good for us to see him and for him to see his kids, some grandkids and great grandkids.  At first we thought we would just visit and eat, but the water and cousins were just too inviting, so we ended up digging swimsuits out various suitcases (the kids each wanted to pack their OWN).  I splashed with the kids while Matt went with his dad to give the truck a good post drive wash.

Isaac stayed with us in Bountiful that night.  The girls lost no time in finding the dress up clothes. I only have a couple pictures from Monday, and none were taken at the pool because I already unpacked the camera and had it in the Martin's basement.  That was a bad oversight.

Rylee and Makenna playing barbies, Isaac building legos, Jake chasing the teasing fairy princess. (pictured below)

No comments:

Post a Comment