Two emails from Isaac to me
#1
Sounds like you are still flying. Loooooonnnnnnnggggggggg flight. Hopefully you are comfy enough, stress on the word 'enough' because I know that airplanes can be pretty non comfy.
Now, like you asked, an entry for your blog, but I still would rather you not use my exact words.
(Too bad, I am. It's too perfect!)
You know the start of the day, there was the absence of the squirrel, which would come after you left. When you drove off towards the airport, we chased rabbits until it was time for church cleaning. At the church, I was introduced to two deacons, Nathaniel and Israel, who are very nice. Me and the two other boys, cleaned the outside of the outdoor windows while the young women got the inside. Then we brought chairs outside to be power sprayed, and washed. We brought load, after load, after load of chairs, four at a time. They were the plastic kind, not the metal ones we're used to, so they were hard to find a good grip through the awkward shape. After we finished bringing chairs out, we dried the already clean chairs. Afterwards, we brought the chairs back in. Lots of grunt work. Turns out that Nathaniel and Israel are two of the four deacons in your parents' ward, two of three active. After a lunch at the church of hot dogs and chips, we were off to see an open house garden.
There were some beautiful plants that I had never seen before there. Off to another garden, only a bigger and better farm-ish garden, which is owned by a company. Unlike the first, this place was a vegetable garden where you could sample stuff. The basil that we saw there inspired grandma to go to a nursery and buy a big basil plant, to add to the ones she already has. We also discovered a plant that was sweeter than your chocolate cake. She bought some of that at the nursery as well. We got home, I helped grandma with some huge weeds towards the right hand side of her garden, until a ground squirrel (Kirby) came up. I made friends with him and almost trapped 'im, but the door fell on his tail. I managed to pick him up upon his return, and got three parallel red lines on my palm for my trouble. Instead of running off, the little critter stayed for food. I put on the gloves, but the Kirby had finally had enough at that point, and ran off, yet to be seen again. I helped in the garden some more, helping grandma plant the plants she got at the nursery. Then we saw a tiny, tiny, tiny bunny, which was tiny. It was big enough that it ate grass though, and not nursing milk. The bunny in question, is currently upstairs in a rabbit-enhanced-environment cardboard box. Caught it after a few deca-minutes, (is that a real phrase?) of intense rabbit chasing, and some grandma help. We got it under a rock, then trapped it in the net thing. We are planning on letting it go in the morning. That marks the last notable thing of the day.
Have fun with Dad,
Love,
Isaac
#2
So you got there alright? When did you sleep on a public bench? Sounds rough, makes my camping trip sound like a lazy, sleep-in Sunday. Speaking of Sunday, here is how it went.
Woke up in the morning at six to quickly make a double batch of blender pancakes, and still have time to make it to church at 8:30. We discovered an active bunny, who had eaten all of its grass and lettuce. It was encouraging to see it doing so well. I passed the sacrament without any problems, and proceeded to participate in young men's and priesthood. There were some pretty good father's day talks in sacrament meeting today. I am going to give a five minute talk in deacons next week. Yeah. The guy who teaches deacons is awesome with an Australian accent. He is also great with boys. We went home to find a cardboard box, with grass and strawberries in it, but no bunny. Grandpa stopped dead in his tracks. We changed fast into more comfortable clothes, and quickly found the bunny under the couch. We caught him after several attempts, and Grandpa ordered for him (or is it 'her?') to be released immediately. I filmed the release, sometimes switching with Jessica or Makenna. It is currently outback, running around free.
After the bunny, I made a spicy pasta and left with the girls, David and Grandma on a hike, which turned into a picture fest up on rocks and photoing plants. We went to the place Grandma calls, "peekaboo" rock. I got my erosion photos for the merit badge and some others of Jessica and Makenna. They got some of me as well.
Came home, downloaded pictures, played some board games and called it a night. All in all, a quiet Sunday.
Love, Isaac.
P.S. Where are the car keys? I need some stuff in the truck, such as a pair of finger nail clippers.
#1
Sounds like you are still flying. Loooooonnnnnnnggggggggg flight. Hopefully you are comfy enough, stress on the word 'enough' because I know that airplanes can be pretty non comfy.
Now, like you asked, an entry for your blog, but I still would rather you not use my exact words.
(Too bad, I am. It's too perfect!)
You know the start of the day, there was the absence of the squirrel, which would come after you left. When you drove off towards the airport, we chased rabbits until it was time for church cleaning. At the church, I was introduced to two deacons, Nathaniel and Israel, who are very nice. Me and the two other boys, cleaned the outside of the outdoor windows while the young women got the inside. Then we brought chairs outside to be power sprayed, and washed. We brought load, after load, after load of chairs, four at a time. They were the plastic kind, not the metal ones we're used to, so they were hard to find a good grip through the awkward shape. After we finished bringing chairs out, we dried the already clean chairs. Afterwards, we brought the chairs back in. Lots of grunt work. Turns out that Nathaniel and Israel are two of the four deacons in your parents' ward, two of three active. After a lunch at the church of hot dogs and chips, we were off to see an open house garden.
There were some beautiful plants that I had never seen before there. Off to another garden, only a bigger and better farm-ish garden, which is owned by a company. Unlike the first, this place was a vegetable garden where you could sample stuff. The basil that we saw there inspired grandma to go to a nursery and buy a big basil plant, to add to the ones she already has. We also discovered a plant that was sweeter than your chocolate cake. She bought some of that at the nursery as well. We got home, I helped grandma with some huge weeds towards the right hand side of her garden, until a ground squirrel (Kirby) came up. I made friends with him and almost trapped 'im, but the door fell on his tail. I managed to pick him up upon his return, and got three parallel red lines on my palm for my trouble. Instead of running off, the little critter stayed for food. I put on the gloves, but the Kirby had finally had enough at that point, and ran off, yet to be seen again. I helped in the garden some more, helping grandma plant the plants she got at the nursery. Then we saw a tiny, tiny, tiny bunny, which was tiny. It was big enough that it ate grass though, and not nursing milk. The bunny in question, is currently upstairs in a rabbit-enhanced-environment cardboard box. Caught it after a few deca-minutes, (is that a real phrase?) of intense rabbit chasing, and some grandma help. We got it under a rock, then trapped it in the net thing. We are planning on letting it go in the morning. That marks the last notable thing of the day.
Have fun with Dad,
Love,
Isaac
Pictures the kids took of Baby Hop
#2
So you got there alright? When did you sleep on a public bench? Sounds rough, makes my camping trip sound like a lazy, sleep-in Sunday. Speaking of Sunday, here is how it went.
Woke up in the morning at six to quickly make a double batch of blender pancakes, and still have time to make it to church at 8:30. We discovered an active bunny, who had eaten all of its grass and lettuce. It was encouraging to see it doing so well. I passed the sacrament without any problems, and proceeded to participate in young men's and priesthood. There were some pretty good father's day talks in sacrament meeting today. I am going to give a five minute talk in deacons next week. Yeah. The guy who teaches deacons is awesome with an Australian accent. He is also great with boys. We went home to find a cardboard box, with grass and strawberries in it, but no bunny. Grandpa stopped dead in his tracks. We changed fast into more comfortable clothes, and quickly found the bunny under the couch. We caught him after several attempts, and Grandpa ordered for him (or is it 'her?') to be released immediately. I filmed the release, sometimes switching with Jessica or Makenna. It is currently outback, running around free.
After the bunny, I made a spicy pasta and left with the girls, David and Grandma on a hike, which turned into a picture fest up on rocks and photoing plants. We went to the place Grandma calls, "peekaboo" rock. I got my erosion photos for the merit badge and some others of Jessica and Makenna. They got some of me as well.
Came home, downloaded pictures, played some board games and called it a night. All in all, a quiet Sunday.
Love, Isaac.
P.S. Where are the car keys? I need some stuff in the truck, such as a pair of finger nail clippers.
No comments:
Post a Comment