Monday, August 8, 2011

Denver Zoo

We went to the zoo with Jen and Alie while Kaeli and Jaimi were away (girls camp?)  We happened to pick a perfect day.  The animals were so active.  We got lots of great pictures.

The cheetah was resting, not sleeping.

Alie and Makenna look cute in their matching outfits.  Jess is wearing her Batman shirt and beloved new hat.  

We saw an elephant training session.  They are getting them used to a big crate that they will soon be using to transfer them to another area in the zoo being built.  

I have forgotten the species, but he's a cute little monkey.


Not a guy you would want to meet out in the woods on a run.







Drumming break.


  


  



Kind of creepy when you know how mean they can be.


The girls liked the young giraffe.

Polar bear underwater chew toy=large leg bone.

It's not really fair that Isaac is on the ground, not the platform.




Friendly peacock.  


We watched the tigers for awhile.  They were running around playing/fighting.  I have never seen such active cats.  You can tell that they are so powerful.  One swipe of their paws could bat away the strongest human.  



 Makenna really likes the looks of the snow leopard.

These little guys were running around all over.  It took a few tries to get a good shot of one though. 

This bird was the funniest.  He entertained us for over 10 minutes determinedly trying to attack the kids through the glass.  It would make them jump back and screech (Jess) and laugh and want to egg him on even more.  He was sharing the enclosure with this little deer, but all eyes were on this wired crazy bird.




The mama lion was our last stop.  I didn't get any clear action shots of her--too blurry.  I wish I had an audio.  I don't know if it was nearly supper time or what, but she was loud.  

Jess was hungry, but didn't want to leave the zoo.  She loved the animals.  Especially the monkeys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment