Don and Chris took us down to Temple square to hear the choir sing. (The week before we were pleasantly surprised to get the privilege of hearing them speak in sacrament meeting.) I have never been in the Conference Center for a performance before. It's a lovely building and much more comfortable than the tabernacle. It turned out that that day marked the beginning of their 83rd year of continuous broadcasting. I don't know for sure, but it seemed like we got treated to some extra historical background and a few choir favorites; such as, Consider the Lilies. The orchestra was there too. It was a beautiful concert. And I was fascinated with the logistics of the film crew. There were several camera moving around, but they kept out of eachothers' shot perfectly. They have it down just perfect. I guess you woud after 83 years of weekly practice.
Afterwards, Don and Chris went back to their ward to teach lessons and the kids and I went on to spend several hours in the visitor's centers and walking among the statues. The visitor's centers have done a good job with keeping up with the times, yet staying simple and inviting. The kids were fascinated with the model showing the inside of the temple--especially the baptismal font which Isaac pointed out to the girls. Are all the kids old enough to remember that visit? I know Isaac is. I am curious to see long long it will be before they come back again. I am not going to hazard a guess myself.
Our view while photography was still allowed.
Afterwards, Don and Chris went back to their ward to teach lessons and the kids and I went on to spend several hours in the visitor's centers and walking among the statues. The visitor's centers have done a good job with keeping up with the times, yet staying simple and inviting. The kids were fascinated with the model showing the inside of the temple--especially the baptismal font which Isaac pointed out to the girls. Are all the kids old enough to remember that visit? I know Isaac is. I am curious to see long long it will be before they come back again. I am not going to hazard a guess myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment