Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Fondant

I have been hosting several girls at our house Saturday afternoons at 4 for craft day.  I started it in part as payback for another mom who is running our swim team once a month after Makenna and two friends finished their knitting class.  Jess has joined us along with a couple other girls.  We have worked on beading necklaces and bracelets, making friendship bracelets, knitting the crazy yarn I got in Sicily into scarves, painting sugar cookies and have just started the flag quilts.

On the last Saturday of 2012, another mom took over.  My friend Lena is a master cake maker and decorator.  She was given a huge tub of fondant and offered to host a cake day at her house.  It was a HUGE hit.  The girls' cakes were so beautiful and really tasty too.  Lena had made red velvet cake--with her own special recipe.  The girls learned to color the fondant (they had some very stained hands!), roll it, cut it, and shape it.  They also piped some frosting, but had more fun with the fondant.



No comments:

Post a Comment