Playing catch up necessary. I have gotten behind on the blog, largely thanks to primary spreadsheets and planning for the new year. I'm going to dump a lot into this one.
The picture doesn't do it justice. This was a gorgeous sunset.
The mornings have gotten COLD. We sometimes open up the back door to air out the house in the morning and everyone goes to get sweatshirts to combat the mid-60's coming inside. Having a nice warm laptop helps too.
This was taken at our cookie exchange. A fellow home school mom hosted several families at her house on the Palm. Our house smelled delicious that morning as we took the luscious coconut cookies out of the oven. But cookies became an afterthought once we got there and they ran for the beach. Isaac loves to take out the kayak. Makenna met a new girl and enjoyed walking and chatting with a gang of girls. Jess brought home a cup full of shells, a dried sea star and a crab.
This morning the girls had their end of season gymnastics show. It was supposed to end by 11:30, but was still going at 11:45 when I pulled the girls out. (My friend later told us it didn't end until after 1!!) I had to drop off my girls at a friends house and pick her son up. I drove the boys to a mall to meet up with a couple other boys and they went and saw The Hobbit. Another mom was there and after the movie, took them back. I went back to pick up my girls and two friends and raced back to our house in time for another friend to be dropped off early for craft day. This was the scarf day. The girls had a picnic out back while waiting for the other two and while I got stuff ready inside.
More Christmas decor at the mall. The giant wreath of Tiffany's boxes has about a 20' diameter.
We tried riding the metro and went to Dubai Mall. We were testing out ways to possibly go see the fireworks and avoid traffic hassels. The lady selling tickets told us that the last train leaves at 11 each night, even New Years. So we bagged that plan. Turns out she was wrong and it actually ran all night, but more on that later.
We did see a really amazing model of the Mall, Burj Khalifa and a few hotels.
We have a cookie sheet full of fake snow. The kids have made winter scenes with legos and change them from day to day. This one made me laugh. Another day, Batman was peeking out behind a Christmas tree. But I don't have a shot of that one.
Swim team was chilly the Sunday after Christmas. Makenna had a slight fever and stayed home, but I swam with the other kids. It actually felt good after a couple laps, but after the girls got out, they claimed hypothermia and huddled up together in a big heap of girls and towels. A couple of days later our family went to play tennis on Matt's day off. We all got hot and sweaty and came back to our neighborhood to jump in the pool, but the water had gotten colder. After a few laps, it still did not feel good. We are going to take a swim team break until they turn the heaters up.
Painting cookies with dyed egg yolk.






No comments:
Post a Comment