I have been slacking terribly online. I have lost several good habits it seems. I am still struggling to get back into a running regime. It feels a bit better to be able to type that after meeting my Sri Lankan friend at her gym this morning rather than any other morning this past week when I hadn't. I need to take advantage of the weather now, because it will not last long. It's just so hard to get up early after going to bed late every night. I know I shouldn't complain--Matt does it every day, and after reading dad's email I stand in awe of patient long suffering Emily. I'll have to figure something out by September when Isaac starts seminary, very early morning seminary.
So what did happen this week? We had a friend party (of sorts) for Makenna at the beach. Several friends and their families met us Saturday morning--had to do Saturday for school going friends but it added to the crowd. I managed to mangle it up a bit. At 10:20 as I'm driving home from picking up ice, one mom calls and says she can't find us. I try to politely inform her that we haven't left yet and will be there by 11. Ten minutes later another mom calls with the same query. Now I'm worried that the time in my head doesn't match the time on the invitation. Luckily I have a picture on my phone, Makenna checks it and sure enough, Time: 10-1 is written right there. Agh. In my mind I had been planning on 11 for the past two weeks. No one minded much. Luckily it's hard to be grumpy on a beautiful day at the beach. Plus I brought a cooler full of water and box drinks and 3 dozen Lehi Roller Mills blueberry muffins and lots of fruit.
The girls' castle. Most of it had washed away by the time we left as the tide came in.
The water isn't cold, Jess is trying to get away from whoever was "it".
Isaac and Adam have a water break. I like the mosque and locals pictured behind them.
Isaac's pyramid.
On Friday I had a big Easter plan for primary. But that was complicated/delayed a bit when I let my attention lapse for 5 seconds in the hall. That's how long it took for my our Tessa to dash for a door and lock herself into the copy machine closet. For the next 10 minutes we had 4 men trying to jimmy the lock open, offer to break down the door, attempt to take off the hardware. No good. I interrupted gospel doctrine to get her dad (who was teaching). He sweet talked her and bribed her and got her to turn the key.
After church we treated our piano teacher to "#1" with shrimp made with home grown tomatoes and basil. It was a big hit.
I'm now the computer and reading merit badge counselor. I am teaching a computer workshop for the next few weeks. And planning the books for book group for next year. We want to have it planned out so families can get the books over the summer easier.
Isaac and Makenna had a grown-up moment yesterday. They took their bikes and some money and rode 6 miles roundtrip to the community grocery store for two ingredients while I started dinner. Makenna navigated, then watched the bikes while Isaac shopped. It was a great success for all parties. Matt is going to pick up a bike lock at the little BX on base. Though Isaac and Makenna reported no one bothers--"they just put them in the bike parking thingy and leave them".
Matt has been an amazing Mr. Fix it around the house on his last days off. He was up on the roof troubleshooting AC units, blowing out filters, clearing out the storage room, and completely taking apart my phone. My microphone doesn't work anymore. He followed online instructions and took out a dozen minuscule screws and tiny hardware pieces to get to the bad part. Then he ordered a replacement off ebay for $10. And put it all back together--and it worked! Well, not the microphone, it's still dead. But when the new one comes, he will do it again. Seeing it in pieces, I had my doubts, but I shouldn't have. For now I have to use headphones with a built in mic or put it on speaker, which for some reason, still works.
Our biggest time burner is school. We are trying to keep on track to finish by travel time. Which is rapidly approaching. Good-bye to another month. Well, Isaac won't be totally done. We are planning to have him take his 3 BYU finals while in the states--probably in CO. But he needs to be done with everything except the finals. It's still funny to see him taking "speedbacks" which I totally associate with Mom and college classes.
As I type this, Jess is practicing piano, currently Book of Mormon Stories. Makenna is watering her beloved garden and trying to cool down. Isaac is terrorizing us all with continuous April Fools pranks and Makenna is losing patience. So far the milk was the wrong color, the girls' water bottles had saran wrap over their openings, one of each out of every pair of shoes was missing, he changed my password on the computer (I didn't have much patience with that one), balls fell out of the cupboard when opened, and he has darkly hinted at more. At least someone is enjoying today.



No comments:
Post a Comment