This was the day of the sandman! We invited several families to join us at the beach, and several did come, though we had a huge start on our sand pile. It doesn't look big enough compared to how hard it was to move what felt like 5 or 6 tons of sand. I remember looking at pictures of beach art contests and their creations are massive! But I don't want to downplay our happy dude, he turned out great. Isaac was trying to move wet sand in the old paint stained bucket, but it was so heavy the handle broke. That was fortuitous because we used the broken handle for arms! We brought a hat and carrot from home and used seashells for his buttons and face.
Waiting to leave for the beach
Our finished sandman.
Two smaller sandmen
Kate and Jessica
Isaac and Adam
Makenna and Shaeleyn
Look at the kites.
Rinsing and then loading up the car.
Cool Makenna, tired, wrapped up Jess.
When we got back we started making the grilled salsa for dinner. Matt was coming home early and would grill the steak. I was in charge of prep and chopping, the kids grilled the onions, pineapple, peppers and picked cilantro from Makenna's garden. It was amazing!
Snack while waiting for the flames to go down.
They set up a clever staging area with an extra cooler.
Makenna caught him just as he burnt his fingers.
The fish flops
I think this was taken from outside, looking in. I'm chop, chop, chopping all the grilled peppers, onions and pineapple.
Her cilantro is in the back. It has been going great for over a month!
And the sun sets on Christmas Eve. Matt came home early in time to help grill the meat. It was a marvelous meal. One week till the baby turns 10....






ooh, that salsa looks so yummy. And makenna's garden is beautiful!
ReplyDelete