Saturday, June 6, 2015

Painting Evening, 29 May 2015

With the prospect of moving before her, Glenda made good on something she has been meaning to do for a few years.  Sounds familiar.  That's how we went to the Hoover Dam, the Grand Canyon, Disneyland, the Atomic Museum and more during our last few months in Vegas.  We got to take advantage of her last minute plan.  A bunch of moms and girls gathered at Glenda's house for a few hours of painting.  Her main room was filled with easels.  You can see a project she's working on for a big house in Houston hanging in the background.  I was there to document the beginning, but then had to step out for an hour to help Michele with an airport run.

Jessica is at the edge of the big painting wearing grey.  Makenna is one easel in front of Jess in blue/purple. 


I tried taking a picture of the boys in the backseat, but it was too dark and bumpy.  Isaac is in the middle, Tarek on the left, Zaid on the right and poor Ohio (the dog) is cowering in his crate in the back.  I drove their car back from the airport to pick up the girls (including Aleaha), then back to the Allam's house to leave their car.  We hopped back in the jeep and went home.  Taxi's don't take dogs.   When I got back to Glenda's, the artists were just finishing up.

Jessica's finished painting. 


Makenna just found out a few days ago that her friend Katelyn is moving.  sniff.  They are going back for the summer, then back to Dubai to close up their house, sell stuff, pack stuff and move.  They have 7 kids and have been here for over 5 years, so there has been an accumulation.  


Must combine gymnastics with painting....

2 comments:

  1. beautiful, thanks for sharing. Karen, I cant copy pictures from the post anymore. Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could comment after individual pictures. Jess looks surprisingly like Isaac when she's asleep covered in pillows. That painting class looks like so much fun. Can I schedule a time for hair lessons from Makenna in July? That sandwich looks crazy amazing! I like all of Isaac's smiles. You and Matt look great. Excited to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete