This is the tour I booked back in June. This is the one I thought might be anticlimactic after our experience with CU Boulder, another big school and Mines, a small practically perfect for Isaac school. This the is one that made me eat all my words. I sadly have very few pictures considering we were on campus for about 6 hours. (But I'm going to add about 20 that Jess took--lots of trees and ducks.) We walked around on our own, had the tour, ate lunch, visited with their admissions office, walked around some more. It was great. He has spent HOURS talking about it to grandparents, friends, my mom friends, us..... The end story is he has two options that he really loves and will be applying to both for sure. No final decision can or will be made today.
The guy doing the the big group introduction was less showy than CU, but had more salesmanship than Mines. He gave a LOT of good info and reiterated what we had heard 3 times before about the importance of planning ahead and not missing dates for tests or admissions.
Getting ready. They were excited to go too. They had heard all this talk about the last 3 and wanted to see what was the big deal! Makenna ended up loving it too. Jess sweetly took a few notes for Isaac, then played on her phone.
Bus ride over. Matt was tracking us on Find my Friends and would keep tabs on what buildings we went into. I sent him a few picture updates.
Walking over the bridge that connects Lake Union to Union Bay.
I don't know what she was going for with this one, but I like our reflections on the bench.
We got there plenty early because I wanted to be sure we could figure out where the tour started. It's by far the biggest campus I have been on. There are huge old buildings surrounded by huge lawns and gigantic trees. It also gets the award for oldest (that we have visited). UW had it's start pre-statehood.
Staircase in the library.
Library vending machine. I think Jess is pointing to a green pen.
Nicknamed the "Harry Potter Room", it is a silent study hall with completely random books lining the walls. While I browsed one section I saw books on art, communism, biology, and yes, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The rest of the library is very Dewy Decimaled, but not here. If it came with a lazy boy section, I just might move in.
I don't think we saw one normal trash can, they travel in groups.
Jessica's favorite part of campus. It was just outside the HUB (Husky Union Building) where we were supposed to check in, so she got some play time.
The guy doing the the big group introduction was less showy than CU, but had more salesmanship than Mines. He gave a LOT of good info and reiterated what we had heard 3 times before about the importance of planning ahead and not missing dates for tests or admissions.
She LOVES their mascot.
On the tour. This is the STEM quad where all the science, technology, engineering and math classes are located. If it wasn't cloudy you could see Mt. Rainier behind the fountain.
This is HOURS later and their feet are tired. We have had lunch, talked with the admissions counselor and popped into one of the smaller bookstores.
We did a self guided tour of the inter-mural building. It was always a focus of the other schools, but here it was just a suggestion. Jess is exactly the same height as the racquetball doors.
Very decent climbing wall
Ad seen on the bus back.

























No comments:
Post a Comment