Sunday, May 9, 2010

jess quote on mother's day

"I like artichokes.  It's just hard to get past the smell."

We are having artichokes for a mother's day treat.  They are a marvelous food for sitting around eating and chatting.  And besides, who needs dinner with 1 o'clock church and a serious post church snack?

It's been a nice day with a yummy breakfast for which I did almost nothing.  I unwrapped a very useful toaster and a lovely treat of dark chocolate blueberries--quite tasty!  The girls have given me lots of little foot rubs--because that's all I keep saying I want.  I had a bit of a sad moment at church realizing it's the last mother's day with all three kids singing on the stand.  Isaac will be a deacon this time next year. sigh.

Mother's Day is always tricky.  I try not to, but can't help feeling in the shadow of the much greater women who walked before me.  I would like to say I'm trying my best, but know I fall short.  I need to completely forget about me and focus on honoring the amazing women in my life who have been and continue to be superior examples.  Thanks to you, mom, my mother-in-law, grandmas, aunts, cousins, old and new friends and neighbors.  Happy Mothers' Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment