This morning, we woke up early to go on a tri-stake fun run. There were 1 mile, 5K or 10K options. The original plan was for me to run the mile with the girls and Isaac would do the 5K with his friend. But Matt didn't end up needing to work, so he went with Jess and Megan on the mile. Makenna did the same distance a little faster with a group of 4 friends. Matt challenged me to keep up with Isaac and Dillan. I stuck with my friend Wendy and we helped push each other. Good thing because we have done zero speed work over that last several months. We managed a 8:16 pace overall and beat the boys by a hair. Isaac totally thinks he could have gone faster if he didn't want to stick with his friend, but it was still faster than his last official time. Maybe if I run with him more often, he can help me get faster.
I don't have enough pictures of Matt on the blog. Here he is with our friend, and the girls' soccer coach, Jared (father of Megan and Dillan--we're sorry his wife, Kim, had to work).
Dillan and Isaac
Amberlee, Ellie, Jess and Megan
Hannah, Elisabeth and Makenna
I took a couple shots pre-race. Then Matt took the camera with him on the run, so we have a few more of the little ones. They had fun running off and on. They totally sprinted the end in the parking lot, not to be outdone by an "old lady" (probably my age.) There was juice and donuts at the end and everyone had a grand time.
Running in the beginning.
Matt says they chatted the whole time.
Running again at the end.
We got back home and I was adding up the miles for the month in my running log and found I was at 99.5! Drat the pre-race taper and week off after the race. I thought doing the 5K would be enough, but I was .5 short of 100. So I put my shoes back on and joined Matt for a 4 mile loop. (He wasn't counting the mile "run" as his exercise. :-) I guess I have become one of those runners.

99.5 ?! That's awesome! Don't you think you took some long corners here and there? I'd totally round up and not tell anyone.
ReplyDeleteHow happy to honor Harold on Memorial day. And way to go everyone on your races!