At around 4 o'clock in the morning the hall light came on dimly. We knew someone was up. We were alert because we knew a bug was going around and wanted to be sure no one was sick. Matt got up first, was gone for a minute, then came back to bed. He didn't comment, so I went back to sleep too. The next morning he had a funny story to tell.
He went into the girls' room first. Makenna was in bed asleep. A second later he heard a flush and instantly a flurry of footsteps. Jess came sprinting back into the room. She had on her sleeping hat, as always, but also a headlight. It didn't matter that Matt has the hall light AND bathroom light turn on to 30% at night when her door opens. She had to have a flashlight on her head too. And even with all that, she cuts her time in the hall down to a fraction of a second thru sheer speed.
Seeing Matt caught her off guard. "What are you doing in here?" she demanded. Then went back to bed.
This is unrelated, but I want to get it down before I forget. We were on a family walk last night and saw someone working on their car. Makenna told us, "Jess asked our next door neighbors if she could borrow their corvette."
"Yeah, I did," piped up Jess. "But he said no."
The funny thing is that she really thought it was possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment