We were invited with a few other families to spend an evening in the desert with sand dunes and dutch oven cooking. How could we refuse? The plans got slightly altered at the last minute due to wind. The cooking stayed in the backyard while a bunch of us went to some dunes close by. It was an easy 10 minute drive.
The kids had a blast! They played in giant hills of soft sand. The temperature was perfect, just windy. I would pull out the camera, take some shots then stick it back in the plastic bag to avoid sand. The flat flexible sheets made the best sand sleds. Some of the kids really raced down the dunes. Our kids cruised, but I can't say raced. We need to get ourselves a few of those and get some more practice. Good cheap fun.
Check out the sand avalanche she is causing. It was fascinating to watch.
Little Joseph had fun tackling Isaac and riding down with him.
Burying Kate. (The third Kate we know just between Jess and Makenna.)
Being camels
Digging for moist sand.
Most of the group jumping.
After everyone had plenty of sand in plenty of crevices, we headed back to Arabian Ranches (the Princes' neighborhood). The food was fabulous. The kids scarfed down the dutch oven chicken sandwiches and disappeared to the park out front to play or "hang out", depending on the age group. I chatted with the grown-ups in the backyard. When I finally pulled the kids away, I heard so many "thank you so much for letting us go!" comments.

Looks like fun!
ReplyDelete