Tuesday, March 13, 2012

We have a teenager!

Isaac must be getting older.  He tried to underplay his birthday all day and for the weeks previous.  We tried to do some fun things for him anyway and he was surprised and pleased with his gifts.  He's most looking forward to birthday activities during Matt's next days off: karting.

I made him a big batch of hash-browns, from scratch, for lunch.  I had to cook the potatoes in two batches in our toaster oven and let them cool before chopping them up in the frying pan.  They might have even been a bigger hit than where he chose to go for dinner:  Burger Fuel.  It's a burger joint from New Zealand.  Here he is holding his "BF Monster".  It has beets, mango, and avocado along with the more normal things like lettuce, cheese, onion and tomato.  They give you a "doofer" (cardboard pocket) to help you hold it as you eat, trying to avoid the Carl's Jr. slogan of Mess=Good, but it's still a challenge to keep tidy.  They are amazingly tasty.  I matched Isaac and the girls had grilled chicken sandwiches with grilled pineapple.  Yum.



While we waiting for Matt to get home from work, the girls talked the birthday boy into letting them style his hair.  I got mine done too.

Isaac wanted Fudge Sauce Brownies for his cake, so we made a 1/2 recipe in the toaster oven.  We didn't have 13 candle holders, so I held lucky number 13 while he blew them out.

"Heavy, heavy hangover, thy poor head. . . ."  Isaac got a sword, Dubai poster for his soon to be new room (we hope), a workout shirt and water bottle, egg white separater, and most awaited for. . . Arabic language CDs.  


Thanks for the awesome shirt Grandma Chris and Grandpa Don!

No comments:

Post a Comment