Friday, March 23, 2012

Sports Day

We tried out a new park last week while joining the big homeschool group for Sports Day in Safa Park.

I thought this was a cool shot with the Burj Khalifa in the background.  There were 4 groups divided by age.  My girls were together which is a good and bad thing.  They love being together, but they are less likely to talk to others and make new friends.  There were 4 different stations and they spent about 30 minutes at each one.  Soccer (football), basketball, rounders (British baseball), and a bunch of relays.  Isaac was with a bunch of older boys and was a hot sweaty mess at the end.  We brought 3 L of water, but could have doubled that.  


Hot, thirsty boys. 

This is my kind of group shot.  I had my long distance lens on the camera still, so I had to stand back farther, but there were lots of other parents taking shots closer in. . . so I missing a big chunk of kids (there were over 50).  

We don't yet know what kind of trees this is, but it looks so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment