Saturday, July 20, 2013

BYU and Pleasant Grove

We decided to surprise Isaac with a quick hello over breakfast before he drove away with the Muellers.  So we all got up early Saturday morning to meet up at Kneaders in Provo.  We really only had about 20 minutes to hear about EFY before they drove away.  At this point Alie was going to being staying with us.  It was hard for her to say good-bye.  It was hard for Jen too.  But we tried to fill the next week with fun activities to help pass the time.

Since we were right there, we popped over to BYU for a bit.  We tried the bookstore, but it wasn't open yet so we killed some time in the library--quite easy to do.  We wandered a bit before finding our way to the children's literature section.

This is a former professor or librarian or benefactor's family picture.  I loved that everyone is reading.  

 These are some close-ups of the mural the girls found. 



Michelangelo's To-Do list


They discovered that some girls' bathrooms are large and spacious.  After this one, they had to pop into every one we passed to check the size. 

Eventually the bookstore opened and we moseyed over.  We did the compulsory souvenir shopping before finding the DUCKS!  I don't know exactly who started the collection or how long it's been going on, but the girls could have easily played there for a few hours before hunger would have finally drive them away.  The ducks are not for sale.  Feel free to play with them, but they are not for sale.  Really, you cannot buy them.  I am only including a few of the many pictures they took and posed.

Real ducks

Wizard of Oz ducks

Cousin favorite animal ducks. 

Matt and I managed, eventually, to pull them away in order to meet up with Beccy and Katie in Pleasant Grove.  Matt and Troy went off for boy things while Beccy and I took all the girls to see Peter Pan.  It was very impressive for a local theater.  I later learned that Emily had several kids from her primary in the performance, my aunt Allison made lots of costumes and a couple of her kids (my little cousins) were in it too.  We saw Peter Pan fly all over that stage!


Afterwards we went to Orange Leaf.  I would happily eat this EVERY DAY.  

We also couldn't resist a quick stop at the creek.  We have happy memories of a few visits here from two years ago.  Less water this time, but still fun.
 



2 comments: