Monday, July 15, 2013

Isaac Goes to EFY

We had 6 days without him two years ago when he went to scout camp, but dropping him off for EFY was the start of more than 2 weeks without Isaac because after EFY, he was going straight to Colorado to go on the Pioneer Trek.  We would pick him up in Golden after Matt flew back to Dubai. The girls were sad to see him go, but luckily they were very distracted by the glory of cousin time.  Isaac and I drove down to Provo with Jen, Jaimi and Kaeli.  Jaimi and Isaac were doing EFY, Kaeli was going to volleyball camp.  Jen had prior experience with dropping kids at camps.  I'm glad I got to tag along.

Good-bye tackle hugs. 

He was staying in one of the "new Heritage Halls" buildings where DT used to stand.  

The rooms are grouped into three double bedrooms (the bedrooms are laid out just like DT).  Each set of 3 rooms shares two single bathrooms and a common sink area (two sinks, big mirror).  Supposedly they also each have a kitchen and family room of sorts.  That section was locked for EFY.  Sad to see DT go, but I think this is an improvement.

Outside of his building.  

He ate breakfast at the Morris Center each day.  And sometimes other meals.  This was so surreal to me.  I felt like I could grab a backpack and go off to class.  When did I become the mom dropping off a student? 

These are the only shots Isaac has of EFY due to an unfortunate incident involving erasing the pictures off his phone. This is the one time he used the camera I sent with him. 
His counselor

Guy in group, ??



Meanwhile back in Bountiful, the girls are playing outside and taking pictures of deer.




 To break up the afternoon, we went down to a sports super store.  We couldn't figure out the tie in between fishing, hunting, soccer, football, etc. and famous American Presidents, but there were several statues in and outside.  A few were creepy animatronics, but I didn't waste pictures on them.
 Jess, Alie and Abe

Of course lots of shoes were tried and modeled.  Makenna has grown so much recently, she hardly needs heels!

There were also several stuffed animals placed around for photo shoots.  Um, why not?


No comments:

Post a Comment